•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The Tories have managed to find an even worst London mayoralty candidate than Goldsmith. Let's run a black man who talks like Gerald Batten to show we're not racists.
Multiculturalism 'robs Britain of its community' - Tory London mayor pick
Accommodating Muslims and Hindus risks turning UK into ‘crime-riddled cesspool’, Shaun Bailey wrote in 2005

Accommodating Muslims and Hindus “robs Britain of its community” and risks turning the country into a “crime-riddled cesspool” as a result, the Conservative candidate for London mayor declared in a thinktank pamphlet he wrote a decade ago.

In it, Shaun Bailey voiced concern about the marking of Muslim and Hindu festivals, claimed that children were being taught more about Diwali than Christmas and argued Britain “removing the religion that British people generally take to” had allowed immigrants to bring their country’s cultural problems with them.

In his No Man’s Land pamphlet for the Centre for Policy Studies (pdf), about the problems faced by inner-city youth, Bailey also appeared to confuse Hindi speakers with the Hindu religion.

“You bring your children to school and they learn far more about Diwali than Christmas. I speak to the people who are from Brent and they’ve been having Muslim and Hindi days off. What it does is rob Britain of its community. Without our community we slip into a crime-riddled cesspool,” Bailey wrote in 2005. https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -community

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's always so unimaginative, isn't it.

It's not 'hey, this is a small part of the country, and hey, if there are Muslims and Hindus here, perhaps learning about their culture might help community cohesion a bit, and hey, it's not like Christmas isn't the most dominant festival of the year by a billion miles.'

It's 'waaaa waaaaa difference' dressed up as 'I defend noble values [by undermining them when the people involved aren't familiar].'
Timbo liked this

By cycloon
I fear more will hide behind Bailey being of Jamaican extraction as a way of saying 'it's not about race' when they attack Khan, who seems to be on the receiving end of a massive weight of 'worst mayor ever' rhetoric already, that, in no way, stems in part from him being a Muslim.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Tory candidate for London mayor proves race is no longer a barrier to becoming a prejudiced bigot
“Shaun shows us the future of the conservative movement. A movement that sees no creed or colour. A party where people of all backgrounds can put aside their differences and band together to combat the real root of our society’s problems.

“The poor.”
http://newsthump.com/2018/10/04/tory-ca ... ced-bigot/

By Zuriblue
Really to stand a chance he will need to carry the doughnut but I suspect that there's something about him that isn't going to endear him to the hordes of Gammonia.

On a FB group that I frequent a Tory troll immediately started bigging him up. as soon as someone made comments about some of his beliefs the victim card came out and he started calling the guy a racist. I wonder if that's going to be the strategy.

By cycloon
Zuriblue wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:41 pm
Really to stand a chance he will need to carry the doughnut but I suspect that there's something about him that isn't going to endear him to the hordes of Gammonia.

On a FB group that I frequent a Tory troll immediately started bigging him up. as soon as someone made comments about some of his beliefs the victim card came out and he started calling the guy a racist. I wonder if that's going to be the strategy.
It'd be appropriately cynical on every single level.
By Andy McDandy
Going after Muslims may be par for the course in Tory circles, but Hindus tend to be seen as good immigrants and a fair few vote blue.

By mattomac
Zuriblue wrote:

The Doughnut looks like it's gone for good, the only way the Tories would beat Khan is if Labour deselected him for some reason. I think I read he had passed that a few weeks back so. London's population of 18-50 has rejected the Tories and older generation in which they could rely on are outside the GL Boundaries. They claw some of it back with more gentrification but they've got to find somewhere to house them.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
mattomac wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:01 pm
Zuriblue wrote:

The Doughnut looks like it's gone for good, the only way the Tories would beat Khan is if Labour deselected him for some reason. I think I read he had passed that a few weeks back so. London's population of 18-50 has rejected the Tories and older generation in which they could rely on are outside the GL Boundaries. They claw some of it back with more gentrification but they've got to find somewhere to house them.
Havering, Bexley, Bromley are still in the Tory corner. Other places that might be are probably less than overjoyed with Heathrow Expansion. Barnet is not keen on Corbyn but Khan has reached out.

But other "doughnut" places have too many "citizens of nowhere" these days. There are lots of them in Wandsworth, Westminster, Kensington too.
Aaron Bastani

He's trying to win Uncle Seamus's approval. https[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If we're honest we are really facing a "glove[…]

Climate change and "politics"

Well done to those kids who went on strike today. […]

The Trump Presidency

He has declared a national emergency on salad (veg[…]