•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:51 am
100k each? Foreign investors will be hoovering up entire tower blocks before the hoi polloi have even started reading the T&Cs.
I think there are limits on who can buy them.

Even so, "flats in London, only £100k!" would have more than a few takers, if it were true. Odd that developers haven't managed to deliver flats this cheap if it were so easy, eh?

By Catkins
I also suspect that the £100,000 is only 25% of the total price. The buyer would pay a mortgage on that and rent on the remaining £300,000 while being responsible for repairs. All the responsibilities of home ownership but the legal protect of a mere tenant.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I hereby upgrade Bailey from Mendacious Twat to Weapons-Grade Cunt.
Heartless, cheap trick’: Tory London mayoral candidate’s campaign sends out fake council tax rise letters

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 1.html?amp

By Oblomov
What's he proposing, military checkpoints at certain points on the tube?

Want people to stop moving the infection around London, don't give them reason to go into the centre. Which Tier 3 succeeds at as much as I grumble about it.

By Tubby Isaacs
So when Havering and Redbridge got away with Tier 2 before, despite high infections, where was Bailey? Don't recall him saying treat them differently because local rules.

I actually think the government's doing ok with tiers (albeit with inadequate support for tier 3). But politicians, mostly Tory, have been like a bunch of school kids getting their mock exams back. Everybody reckons they've been hard done by, nobody puts their hand up to say they got given too many Mark's.
Bones McCoy liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Boiler wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:08 am
He really is the joke candidate, isn't he?

I believe Malc has an appropriate acronym for him.
Feels like a "wreck devolution" candidate. The Tories aren't winning London back soon. I reckon Oona King would have won in 2012 too. Might as well use this election to cause as big a stink as possible. Devolution is Sadiq wasting your money, that's the message. Blame him for Crossrail even though it's not clear what he should have done instead and he's only jointly in charge with Grant Shapps.

By Bones McCoy
Oblomov wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:34 am
What's he proposing, military checkpoints at certain points on the tube?

Want people to stop moving the infection around London, don't give them reason to go into the centre. Which Tier 3 succeeds at as much as I grumble about it.
It's a classic "break it down until it's meaningless" spoiler tactic.

Remember MPs form Kent proposing applying tiers to postcodes?
How's that going to work?
How many people attend jobs or school in different postcodes to their home?
What is your postcode doesn't have a hospital - that's not good for the case / bed ratio?

And of course - how can you enforce such a patchwork of tiny zones (You can't Obvs)

In their minds it's "Nice people like us can carry on while we lock away the urban scum".
In reality it's a complete free-for all - the J. H-B. Utopia.
Tubby Isaacs, spoonman liked this

By Andy McDandy
In several places, not just in London but in many urban areas, borough boundaries run down the middle of residential streets. It's impossible to manage at that level.
Roll Call

So sorry to hear of your sad loss Daley, thinking […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Another of the new Northern Tories (though his sea[…]

More levelling up. They got forced into the Pupil […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Even in a fluffing Tweet he looks bad tempered.