•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Time for this absolute throbber to gain his very own Mailwatch thread, methinks.

I've got a horrible feeling we're going to be seeing and hearing a hell of a lot more from this guy over the coming few years, especially if Brexit does indeed end up going pear-shaped.

By Malcolm Armsteen
A reminder of Marina Hyde's assessment of him, in the Guardian:
...onwards to his equally virile ERG colleague Mark Francois, who you may know serves as Second Lieutenant in the Brexit Catering Corps (Territorial).

“My message to the chancellor is simple,” honked Mark, of Philip Hammond’s suggestion that Brexiters such as him not voting for Brexit was making a customs unions more likely. “Up yours!” Oh dear. I would like to say that Mark was last seen boasting about his penis size to readers of his local newspaper, but in reality that was at least 287 of his media appearances ago. Indeed, my message to the voters in Mark’s Rayleigh and Wickford constituency would be: thank you for your service. You guys basically elected a forehead vein. Mark is currently to be found bulging on TV three times an hour.

Barely had parliament said no to everything last night than Mark was barrelling toward the TV cameras to give us his Mark Francois once more. His bumptiousness is now so pronounced that it has passed into the clinical realm, and comes across as a kind of exhibitionism. He is compelled to reveal his stupidity to a camera. Mark Francois is the Westminster equivalent of one of those zoo chimps, probably driven mad by confinement, who furiously masturbate in front of tourists.
Arrowhead, Oblomov liked this

By Abernathy
Whenever Mr Francois rears his bloated visage, I'm for some reason irresistibly reminded of the words of the late (and greatly missed) Tony Banks, when referring to another Tory MP at the time, called Terry Dicks :
He is living proof that a pig's bladder on a stick can be elected to parliament."

By Arrowhead
Terry Dicks was definitely a prototype Francois. He'd probably feel right at home in the ERG wing of the current Tory party.

If Wikipedia is to be believed, Dicks is still an elected official for Runnymede Borough Council :shock:

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
The problem is not Mark François (note the cedilla, he'd hate that). It's the platform that he is being given and the one which is legitimising this low-rent, reactionary bollocks which should only be of interest to his analyst.
Projective Unity, Abernathy, Boiler and 4 others liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:28 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:59 pm
Does he not know that "perfidious" is derogatory?
Or he is enjoying a timely brush with the version of universal truth practised by his party within a party. The foul core which barely acknowledges Ireland's existence beyond being a mailing address for hedge funds.

What is the meaning of the R in ERG, by the way?

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
I've heard locally that Sammy Wilson is said to be absolutely furious with Mark François. Sammy is accusing François of stealing his right-wing, obese, xenophobic, "no surrender" shit talking, attention seeking, king of gammons MP gimmick.
The Brexit Party

Indeed, Kreuzy. In-farking-deed. How many years ha[…]

Nigel Farage

the Emma Watson of British politics. :lol: […]

The Sun

Saying that e-cigs are safer than standard cigaret[…]

2019 General Election

Didn’t he say that about Russel Brand?