•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 am
His bumptious, blustering, blowhard posturing always reminds me of Captain Mainwaring.
Oblomov wrote:He has roughly the same military experience as Mainwaring too :lol:
Oh come on. Mainwaring was, at bottom, s decent man. There's nothing decent about that Francois cunt.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
One of the jokes about Mainwaring and Wilson was that Mainwaring had been a sergeant in WW1 and Wilson had been, I believe, a Captain, evidenced when he turned up in his old uniform.

François was a part-time member of a themed drinking club, and presumably a branch of the local Masonic lodge.

And his middle name is Gino.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:47 pm
Daley Mayle wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:17 am
His bumptious, blustering, blowhard posturing always reminds me of Captain Mainwaring.
Oblomov wrote:He has roughly the same military experience as Mainwaring too :lol:
Oh come on. Mainwaring was, at bottom, s decent man. There's nothing decent about that Francois cunt.
Francois is Hodges the Air-raid warden - no belay that order.
He's Hodges sidekick, the church Verger.
That's right Mister 'Odges, it is your troop booked the church hall this evening.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:59 pm
One of the jokes about Mainwaring and Wilson was that Mainwaring had been a sergeant in WW1 and Wilson had been, I believe, a Captain, evidenced when he turned up in his old uniform.

François was a part-time member of a themed drinking club, and presumably a branch of the local Masonic lodge.

Mainwaring's WW1 service began in 1919.
He had some pithy quote about "a lot of hard soldiering still to be done".

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
This is like a remake of Lord of the Flies but with a regular ferry service and an M&S doing reasonably acceptable sandwich platters. The Lord and his disciples are stamping their feet taking it very seriously indeed but no one else really gives a rat's.

Hilarious hubris. This is what white, middle-aged, grown men are reduced to when they mistake privilege for influence.
Timbo, Oblomov liked this

By davidjay
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:44 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Mainwaring's WW1 service began in 1919.
He had some pithy quote about "a lot of hard soldiering still to be done".
Someone had to clean up the mess.
By satnav
Given that the Tories have not had a proper leadership election since 2005 it is hard to predict what kind of candidate the grassroots would actually vote for. If it was a two horse race between Francois and a prominent remainer Francois could quite easily win.

By Arrowhead
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:19 am
One for theGif collectors here...
I guess it could happen, and possibly not restricted purely to Francois either. Baker recently spoke about potentially resigning the Tory whip as well. A lot will depend upon the outcome of the looming leadership election - if we end up with PM Boris or PM Rees-Mogg, attention will quickly turn to the likes of Greening and Grieve instead.

By Boiler
Arrowhead wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:06 am
I guess it could happen, and possibly not restricted purely to Francois either. Baker recently spoke about potentially resigning the Tory whip as well. A lot will depend upon the outcome of the looming leadership election - if we end up with PM Boris or PM Rees-Mogg, attention will quickly turn to the likes of Greening and Grieve instead.
I'm pretty sure that, unless there was popular clamour for it, Rees-Mogg would not stand. I think his business interests would be impacted by becoming PM. Johnson however would love it.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

It seems possible that the Fuckwits who voted to[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]

Boris Johnson

porking on the public purse Now there's a tu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

How's Milne operating him in that photo? Liza[…]