Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 20.7 % :thumbsup: 10.3 % 😯 6.9 % :grinning: 55.2 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 3.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:53 am

I'm sure Steve Brine is sincere about this, but he might be seeing Lib Dems in his rear view mirror as MP for Winchester.
I saw him interviewed by Adam Boulton, and he seemed sincere - even outraged - at Johnson's antics.
Fair enough. Nick Boles points out that the Commons isn't going to vote for this Johnson stuff.

It's a bit awkward for Matt Hancock, who has been looking to expand the tax as Health Secretary and has become (to general amusement) a Johnson backer.
youngian wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:59 am
Do you know anyone more talented than Boris Johnson?
Real scoop there, finding a friend who says something nice.

"I first met my friend, Jez Corbyn, at Tariq Ali's flat in 1972, we've worked together on campaigns for Iran and Serbia, and I think he's great..."
youngian wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:59 am
Do you know anyone more talented than Boris Johnson?
I can think of at least five more talented Johnson's, let alone the remaining entirety of the human race:

Scary moustachioed Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson
Blues legend Robert Johnson (sold his soul to the devil)
Former Liverpool defender Glen Johnson
Fifty Shades Of Grey actress Dakota Johnson
That bloke wot won the snooker in the mid-80's

Each of them infinitely better qualified to be our next Prime Minister than Boris.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
It was because of the efforts of our team that we were able to defeat Labour twice in a city that many said a Conservative could never win.
I can understand why Boris Johnson continues to bang on this particular drum, but frankly 2008 (or indeed 2012) might as well have been fifty years ago given everything that has happened politically since then. I wouldn't mind betting a popular Green politician such as Caroline Lucas is more likely to be the next non-Labour Mayor of London than a Conservative.
2019 General Election

Well... as far as I am concerned, the election i[…]

The Brexit Party

An unprovoked attack of wind. https://twitter.[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Not. A. Chance. And rather like that sloppy journ[…]

Is he about 2.60 m tall?