Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 20.7 % :thumbsup: 10.3 % 😯 6.9 % :grinning: 55.2 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 3.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
I don't know if the Greens have any kind of traction with non-whites, in the way Labour do.

Johnson wouldn't win again but another Tory, against an unpopular candidate, might turn out the "Doughnut" again and win. Turnouts are never great. Republicans win governerships in New England with the right, usually moderate candidates.
Arrowhead liked this
Caroline Dineage tweets that Liz Truss'/ Johnson's view on the sugar tax is "bollocks". Probably not anticipating a job.

I think the relatively sane Jeremy Lefroy has announced he's standing down. He's handily won a marginal 3 times. I'm sure some "straight talking" hard Brexiter will do better.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:49 pm
Ha ha. This'll fool those other countries who want to impose tariffs, Jeremy.

Far smarter governments than Hunt's have been caught product dumping with slippery back door subsidies. Perhaps the subsidies are for chasing foxes
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:12 am
I think the relatively sane Jeremy Lefroy has announced he's standing down. He's handily won a marginal 3 times. I'm sure some "straight talking" hard Brexiter will do better.
I’ve only just realised that when Labour took the Stafford seat from the Tories in ‘97, the defeated Tory candidate was one D Cameron. So it seems Cameron was sprinkling his magic dust even way back then.
Arrowhead wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:39 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:12 am
I’ve only just realised that when Labour took the Stafford seat from the Tories in ‘97, the defeated Tory candidate was one D Cameron. So it seems Cameron was sprinkling his magic dust even way back then.
Shame the defeated candidate wasn't onw W Cash, who'd fled to Stone.
Arrowhead liked this
Arrowhead wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:39 am
I wished I turned out to be talking utter nonsense with my summary of Cameron soon after he clinched the Tory leadership; A dangerous lightweight that would bungle the country into a geopolitical disaster. Evidence was building up pretty fast: Thinking withdrawing the Tories from the EPP was a cost-free sop to the nutters, then wooing an alliance of nationalist cranks. Telling Kazakstan and Turkey he wished them to join the EU was topped by turning up uninvited in Tbilisi following the Russian invasion to say Georgia should join NATO.
I see the Telegraph have dedicated their front page this morning to them backing Boris Johnson as the next PM.

On page two, an exclusive that the Pope thinks Satan is "a bit of a dick".
C**t of the day

I'm willing to bet at least 98% of those tweeting […]

Local journalism at its best

I like the idea of raising alarm bells...

The Brexit Party

Prediction of local news on day one. Village fe[…]

The latest Alexa ad has it helping a blind woman. […]