Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 20.7 % :thumbsup: 10.3 % 😯 6.9 % :grinning: 55.2 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 3.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
More policy from Johnson. Freeports, which lots of people votung in the leadership election probably think the EU banned, so must be good. Which rust belt Northern town's port gets to benefit? Bristol. Who may or may not have paid Johnson.

Are there more freeports planned? How about Uxbridge?
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:39 pm
More policy from Johnson. Freeports, which lots of people votung in the leadership election probably think the EU banned, so must be good. Which rust belt Northern town's port gets to benefit? Bristol. Who may or may not have paid Johnson.

Are there more freeports planned? How about Uxbridge?
Do you want mountains of free cash for a £25K outlay? Better call Boris
Sarah Hewson tore into Malthouse on sky news this morning over the fall in the pound. He basically tried to brush it off as "these fluctuations happen all the time".

She replied very firmly that it was as a direct result of Johnson's rhetoric on Brexit.

Signing off, he could barely mumble a thank you.
As the Sun said, in response to the immediate post-referendum slump, "shares are more affordable".
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:14 am
As the Sun said, in response to the immediate post-referendum slump, "shares are more affordable".
Also record IT inward investment after May tanked the Pound. The Japanese went on a fire sale spending spree.
Yes please.
Beckett is haunted by her last-minute Corbyn nomination and would I'm sure like the chance of redemption. And her hatred of Brexit has only deepened in the past three years.
Only a government of national unity can deliver us from no deal
Polly Toynbee
Let Margaret Beckett lead a ‘government’ to do what the crisis demands – call an election and a referendum
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... are_btn_tw
youngian wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:23 am
Yes please.
Beckett is haunted by her last-minute Corbyn nomination and would I'm sure like the chance of redemption. And her hatred of Brexit has only deepened in the past three years
Beckett is an excellent call. Whoever ends up as the emergency PM (if we ever reach that stage, God forbid) would almost certainly need to come from the Labour benches because that is where a vast majority of the necessary votes would need to be delivered from. And they are hardly likely to green-light, say, Oliver Letwin as PM. As a former holder of one of the Great Offices of State, Beckett would probably be the only Labour figure senior enough to be palatable to the Tory rebels.

Somebody on another forum I frequent has been insisting that we need look no further than Geoffrey Robinson :lol:
I'd agree with Beckett, and don't think it would be a bad idea to get Ken Clarke involved as well to make it seem a bit more attractive to the saner Tories.
Catkins wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:00 pm
Beckett was also Labour Party leader in the aftermath of John Smith's death.
Indeed she was. I thought she did a great job, so much so that I voted for her rather than Blair.

About 4:20 into this clip.

The trying to avoid Brexit game, dear fellow. I fe[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Skimming that, it looks like an improvement with g[…]

#weloveyoumeghan is trending. Bloody good job too.[…]

The Sun

It's unforgivable. No scrutiny, no impact assessme[…]