•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
I don't think it can work with the Labour front bench too proninent. I'm reminded of something Ian Chappell once said to Mike Brearley. Words to the effect of "I'll fucking bat, you fucking appeal and the umpire can fucking umpire". Jez can lead the Opposition and Lucas and co can broker a deal.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
There's also, of course, the elephant in the room. Namely that if you don't want Brexit, why would you put a Brexiter in charge?
Timbo liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
With Corbyn still leader of the opposition, how could Labour claim to want to stop a no-deal Brexit? The public rumbled him long ago, it's just the cult and the £3 Trots now - and of course his bunker crew.

By Snowflake
Rory Stewart on Sky news this morning confirming the need for urgent action by remain on Brexit, and is convinced it will result in Johnson calling an election.

I'm not sure the remain alliance would be strong enough to hold going into one.

By Arrowhead
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:41 pm
GB only. Add in, say 9 for the DUP if we're being conservative, then that's about 320 for the Tories-DUP. At the fringes, Sinn Fein could lose Foyle to the SDLP. That would be a bonus for the sane side.
I think I could just about live with that outcome. Basically, any scenario whereby the Tories are deprived of a majority is an acceptable one in my view. But those numbers are scarily tight once you factor in the DUP loons as well.

By MisterMuncher
I really, really wouldn't overlook the Shinners getting all pact-friendly in such a scenario. Would they lend seats out by not running to APNI or SDLP candidates with a understanding it would be for a time and then go by-election?

By Snowflake
Seems as if pesky democracy is raising it's head again and Johnson still needs a two thirds majority in Parliament to call a GE. Listening to various commentators since yesterday, notably Tony Blair and Shami Chakrabarti this morning, warning that it's a trap, I don't think he's going to get it.

Jez will be disappointed too.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That stat about Norfolk would have been a damned s[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm currently sitting in a composite meeting on […]

Boris Johnson

porking on the public purse Now there's a tu[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

How's Milne operating him in that photo? Liza[…]