Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 40.7 % :thumbsup: 3.7 % :grinning: 29.6 % 😟 14.8 % :cry: 7.4 % :shit: 3.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:07 pm
Matt - have you been drinking? Of course they'll do it again...
Don't you know that Jeremy Corbyn single handedly ended the policy of austerity ?

By Boiler
Good news for business today and glad we’ll all have a chance to enjoy the summer...
...before we say our goodbyes to our loved ones in the winter.

What does "Independent SAGE" reckon to all this?

By AOB
Sunak is expected to make announcements on “the next stage in our plan to secure Britain’s recovery” on 8 July, where he is expected to say the number of work coaches will double from 13,500 to 27,000 in a bid to try to help jobseekers back into employment.
They had the not very bright idea of recently closing down half the job centre offices in the UK. Most will still be lying empty so at least that's handy. Tailor-made premises. I've an idea job centres should implement too; have one or two duty staff available every day for "drop-ins", particularly to deal with payment issues. Things like that can't wait a few days until the next available appointment at that jobcentre.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/coron ... 11995.html

By Andy McDandy
I've met a few work coaches. Some were very good, full of useful advice and supportive.

I fear that these new ones won't be like that. 13 thousand Pauline Campbell Jones clones.

By The Red Arrow
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:22 pm
I've met a few work coaches. Some were very good, full of useful advice and supportive.

I fear that these new ones won't be like that. 13 thousand Pauline Campbell Jones clones.
Perhaps they'll use up the overspill from all those ex-service personnel who couldn't get into teaching.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote:

Yeah, it's definitely something that can be done well and make a difference. I wonder if the labour market's been hit so hard that there are going to be some very suitable candidates out there?

By Tubby Isaacs
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:30 pm
Andy McDandy wrote:

Perhaps they'll use up the overspill from all those ex-service personnel who couldn't get into teaching.
Ha ha. There was one implausible free school in Oldham that was supposed to have lots of ex-services on the staff, until Gove put a stop to it.

I have a funny feeling nobody got anywhere near lining up soldier-teachers. But maybe they did, and there are a cohort of them chomping at the bit to get involved in public service. Military based job coaching?

By Andy McDandy
The school I once worked at had a few ex-military staff. Some were very good, especially at connecting with young lads from poor backgrounds and building self esteem. Another one though was an out and out racist cunt, full on EDL type.
Roll Call

Last week I posted that I received the most beauti[…]

Rishi Sunak

Now you mention it, I've never seen them togethe[…]

Boris Johnson

I think it's safe to say that Labour backed him fo[…]

C**t of the day

I'd say that if he keeps this up, he's going to […]