Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 53.6 % ❤ 2.1 % :thumbsup: 5.7 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 28.6 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 2.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
But the people who could really nail this are the Westminster Lobby journos like @Peston
and @bbclaurak

The public interest is so high — never higher — will they break omertà and explain if they were briefed by Cummings on herd immunity?

Please guys. For public safety

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:08 pm
I've seen people say "Cummings will be thrown under the bus". I hope that is literal rather than metaphorical, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a mountain of dirt on the Tories just in case.
Still failing to see a downside here...

By Kreuzberger
A draw drop moment.

Seemingly, Cummings is taking part in or is in fact a member of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage). No wonder they want to keep secret the membership of this otherwise unremarkable group.

They are completely out of control, aren't they?
oboogie liked this

By Oblomov
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:12 pm
Some neo-nazi Herbert with a GCSE in Excel.
And being paid handsomely to tell people what they want to hear (based on the data scientists I've met).

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 pm
Boiler wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:18 pm
Dafuq?
Sorry, yes. I meant "jaw". I was so horrified that my draw was jropped.
No, I knew what you meant Kreuzy - the expression was the horror of that unmentionable in the position he is.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 pm
Boiler wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:18 pm
Dafuq?
Sorry, yes. I meant "jaw". I was so horrified that my draw was jropped.
I'd strongly urge you to keep your drawers on at this time of crisis, I can see no advantage to being 'tackle out' right now.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I'd strongly urge you to keep your drawers on at this time of crisis, I can see no advantage to being 'tackle out' right now.
Only to provide much needed urine therapy to Le Cummins.

It's why kilts were invented.
oboogie liked this

By spoonman
I know it's easy to look at what's currently going on the USA with bemusement and horror, but is the UK in any sort of a better place? I mean how in the fuck is Cummings justified being on the SAGE panel? It's no worse than reading about Jared Kushner & Ivanka Trump being tasked to advise on the same scientific advice across the Atlantic.

With a compliant media that makes claims that they struggle to be "free" yet just roll over and let their own belly be tickled and give such in return, along with a political establishment that tries to gaslight everyone else claiming to be the anti-establishment, Westminster has gone to fuck - succeeding to just convince enough people to have wool pulled over their eyes with most of the rest willing to vote for Ian Huntley as their MP if he wore a blue rosette and said nothing but Brexit soundbites. It's all fucked up.
Boiler, Samanfur, Arrowhead and 3 others liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
It's worth remembering that Cumings is credited with having other advisers removed by armed police.

Can we expect the scientific group to function properly with this threat hanging over them?
spoonman, Samanfur, Kreuzberger and 1 others liked this
US election 2020

Yes again context matters not only that but the […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

This is disappointingly poor from Oborne. Most of […]

Nixon went to China. Reagan negotiated disarmament[…]

The Trump Presidency

8) :) https://twitter.com/JoeSaunders/status/12[…]