Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 53.6 % ❤ 2 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 28.5 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:04 pm
I'm surprised Brendan didn't cite the famous "Durham Daytrip" chapter in On Liberty :roll:
I recall the days when Brendan was full on "Up the Ra'".
His new pals seen to overlook that.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Government lawyers have tried and failed to remove the name of Dominic Cummings from a sex discrimination claim being pursued by Sajid Javid’s former special adviser, the Guardian can disclose.

The demand was rejected after barristers for Sonia Khan, the former chancellor’s media adviser who was marched by armed police from Downing Street, successfully argued that the behaviour of Boris Johnson’s chief aide was pivotal to the case.

The disclosure will be seen as an attempt by the government to protect Cummings from further controversy. He is facing demands for his resignation after the Guardian revealed that he had driven hundreds of miles across the UK during the coronavirus outbreak.

It also means that Cummings could be made personally liable for part of any damages award.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... is-johnson

How does this work? The Government pays her to drop the case against them and Cummings? That would look a bit bad.

By The Red Arrow
Treat with caution and all, but I shook off my initial reaction...now thinking yes, they are that farking stupidly removed from reality that reality doesn't touch them. Just hell-bent on laughing at the little people.

By Andy McDandy
Bond: He seems to set a great store by that.

M: A very curious thing, snobbery.
On Her Majesty's Secret Service - discussing Blofeld's insistence that he be granted a title.

By crabcakes_windermere
Oblomov wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:17 pm
Why would he want one? I thought he was about eradicating such orders?
Because in reality he’s just another boring, stupid racist. Just one who has a *very* high opinion of himself and who mistakes a lack of conscience (and the willingness to cheat and lie as a consequence) as cleverness.

Cummings is the Tory Corbyn in many ways. He isn’t different or special, just worse in a number of key traits.
Oblomov liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:55 pm
Government lawyers have tried and failed to remove the name of Dominic Cummings from a sex discrimination claim being pursued by Sajid Javid’s former special adviser, the Guardian can disclose.

The demand was rejected after barristers for Sonia Khan, the former chancellor’s media adviser who was marched by armed police from Downing Street, successfully argued that the behaviour of Boris Johnson’s chief aide was pivotal to the case.

The disclosure will be seen as an attempt by the government to protect Cummings from further controversy. He is facing demands for his resignation after the Guardian revealed that he had driven hundreds of miles across the UK during the coronavirus outbreak.

It also means that Cummings could be made personally liable for part of any damages award.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... is-johnson

How does this work? The Government pays her to drop the case against them and Cummings? That would look a bit bad.
Isn't that standard operating procedure: Settle out of court ad slap on an NDA.

All those prior bullying claims against Priti Patel, and others...

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Does anybody know whether this has any legs:

CUMMINGS “SPARE COTTAGE” WITHOUT PLANNING PERMISSION AND PAYS NO COUNCIL TAX

https://universalcreditsuffer.com/2020/ ... ZiYw5Omdi0

By crabcakes_windermere
I suspect not, as the cottage was there when his in-laws bought the house - I.e. the previous owner who built it didn’t get PP, but on sale of the house it was effectively legalised. It’s not his fault, which is why I don’t think this will get any traction.
Meanwhile in New Zealand

I'm imagining Banks telling a couple of The All […]

The Tories, Generally

Thicky Morgan. Does she still have that permastart[…]

Roll Call

Yes to all of this. The Italian Embassy should […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Tir on a toboggan! Have a read of this. htt[…]