Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 52.9 % ❤ 2.5 % :thumbsup: 5.7 % 😯 3.2 % :grinning: 29.3 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
https://bylinetimes.com/2020/08/19/the- ... -impunity/
“Cummings’ very appointment showed an utter lack of democratic respect as he’d previously been found in contempt of Parliament, and he’s taken that further at No 10 with his disregard for rules, conventions and the law ever since,” one Labour insider told me. “Keir should certainly keep the heat on Cummings for very good reason: he’s inseparable from Boris, his protector, he’s at the heart of a Government that’s incompetent to the core, and crucially there’s more than a whiff of sleaze about No 10 during COVID now. And Labour needs to make sure that becomes a stench.”
We're waiting, Keir. We're waiting.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
With +/-15 m users in the UK, the numbers alone are significant. I'd need to properly check but I believe that that is the highest penetration in the G20. The skew towards politics and celebrity goss does mean silos in a sense but the former is increasingly agenda-setting. That said it doesn't penetrate the other bubble, the one which isolates itself from politics and current affairs.
oboogie liked this

By Kreuzberger
With the press - the mail and the Star in particular - showing increasing levels of disobedience and insubordination, who would bet against Cumshot showing the green light for Leveson 2?

By The Red Arrow
Kreuzberger wrote:With the press - the mail and the Star in particular - showing increasing levels of disobedience and insubordination, who would bet against Cumshot showing the green light for Leveson 2?
Only if the enquiry is farmed out untendered to the Jockey Club or Goveco Holdings.

By crabcakes_windermere
Boiler wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:05 pm
In which case - Angela, where are you?
I've noticed a definite upswing in the last week or so of simple but critical tweets from Starmer (I don't follow Rayner so not sure if the same has happened). He shows something Johnson has done wrong, how/who it has effected, and (where applicable) what Labour would do.

This is still partway through year 1 of a 4-year Tory govt. This is early days groundwork laying, setting the narrative of incompetence, corruption and utter absence of responsibility and accountability. The Corbyn fans are shrieking about the lack of shrieking, but that does nothing other than make you look hysterical. This is about looking like a sensible, calm alternative to a flapping, useless incumbent.
Timbo, oboogie liked this
Boris Johnson

Sky are slaughtering him. Pointing out that Johnso[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't know what his regular pay was. But whateve[…]

US election 2020

Pretty much guaranteed to be actual Congressma[…]

Winterval Bingo

Finally, their beloved traditional Christmas is un[…]