Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 54.8 % ❤ 2.8 % :thumbsup: 5.6 % 😯 2.8 % :grinning: 28.2 % 🙏 1.7 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 2.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:27 pm
Reckon it's more likely he's been paid up for 3 months but has to keep his trap shit for a decent period.
Typo of the year.
Tubby Isaacs, AOB liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:26 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:24 pm
Nice photo of him carrying a large box (presumably of personal effects). Doesn't look like he was expecting this before today.
Possibly not, but the departure was ABSOLUTELY staged. There are plenty of exits from No. 10. Leaving with a box was 100% for effect.
I'm not sure. Nick Timothy and Fiona Hill got photographed coming out after May's election disaster. My suspicion is that the "back way" (which we hear Murdoch and co using) is an option in normal times, but not when the media is on its toes.

I would think the choice was come out the front way and look relatively normal, or go out the back and look like a shifty twat.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Is good:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... xLpA6wCc2s
Why has Cummings gone? Because he appears to have finally lost Boris Johnson’s trust. He has likely not lost it over policy or personality, but over planting one press briefing too many. He and his close ally Lee Cain, the departing Downing Street director of communications, are believed by many to have prematurely leaked the news this week that Cain was to become Johnson’s chief of staff. They may even have leaked news of a second national lockdown two weeks ago, although some key MPs suspect senior figures in the Cabinet Office of doing so.
Watchman liked this

By Oblomov
I'm pleased that his poisonous talons have been released from influencing the country (assuming he's not surreptitiously still doing SpAd work from home) but I'm not too elated. Him, Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Gove, Francois et al. will get to walk off into the sunset with their bank balances nicely topped up and won't face any repercussions for destroying the future prospects of generations of this nation's youth.

My one solace is knowing he'll be fuming at not getting to realise his BiG bRaNe project of replacing the civil service with his think tank of choice.
AOB, Tubby Isaacs, spoonman and 3 others liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
This is quite something.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... 10-reports

Johnson's team briefing Cummings was kicked out for briefing against him.

And this.I thought the point of Allegra was to do on the record briefings?
Allies of Allegra Stratton, the former ITV journalist and Treasury adviser who will be the face of government TV briefings, said she had fought “a lonely battle” against Cain before he quit on Wednesday. Stratton is understood to have objected to Cain’s approach, arguing he wanted to cut journalists out of proceedings, making the briefings “cosmetic and pointless”.
I'd actually forgotten about Lee Cain going yesterday.

By Tubby Isaacs
Is he worth a UK outlet shelling out for him? Even as far as most Brexiters are concerned, he's the bloke who broke lockdown and tried to cover it up with a cock and bull story. And his press conference suggested he's struggle on the graveyard shift on Radio Norwich.

By Samanfur
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:44 pm
Is he worth a UK outlet shelling out for him? Even as far as most Brexiters are concerned, he's the bloke who broke lockdown and tried to cover it up with a cock and bull story. And his press conference suggested he's struggle on the graveyard shift on Radio Norwich.
I still wonder if GB News'll take a punt on him.
The Tories, Generally

More on Sir Dismal Swyne: On 28 September 2019, […]

"Boris" Johnson

Spectacularly stupid Cybernat row about Johnson v[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Just spotted the guy giving a blow job. Fuckin[…]

Round the Blogs

https://jenzerb.medium.com/i-left-my-career-in-pre[…]