Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 53.6 % ❤ 2.1 % :thumbsup: 5.7 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 28.6 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 2.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
An “anarchist” acquaintance of mine thinks Cummings trip to Durham is a non-story and it’s ridiculous that we’re all starting to become afraid of the outside world :roll:

By Boiler
oboogie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:53 am
Alastair Campbell is on fire.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6667985
Impotent rage, I'm afraid; NOTHING will happen. Hell, if he can receive no sanction whatsoever for refusing to appear before a parliamentary committee, it's clear to me that this man is untouchable.

All the Tory cunts are out defending him of course - see Twatter.
Last edited by Boiler on Sat May 23, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am
oboogie wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:53 am
Alastair Campbell is on fire.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-st ... -1-6667985
Impotent rage, I'm afraid; NOTHING will happen. Hell, if he can receive no sanction whatsoever for refusing to appear before a parliamentary committee, it's clear to me that this man is untouchable.
I dunno. I think his internal enemies - because he's not well liked in the Tory party either - might take the opportunity to exact revenge.
oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By Abernathy
Alastair's got it right, though. The principal problem here is not Cummings, it is Johnson himself. He is completely inadequate as PM of this country.
Boiler, oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

Select committees don’t saturate the news cycle for days on end with such a simple ‘one law for them’ b&w narrative all voters understand.

I hope Cummings doesn’t resign as it shows Johnson hasn’t the balls for the job. And he might replace the Tufton Street loons who got lucky with serious political operators. As Labour have just done.

By Boiler
I've just deleted a load of my posts. I'm getting too fucking angry too early in the morning.

I might just go and do something else.
Last edited by Boiler on Sat May 23, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
If Cummings had what it takes he’d have instructed BoJo to sack him on the spot for ‘letting the PM (who knew nothing), myself and my family down.’ And can emerge at a later date from the shadows like Mandelson.

Instead he’s embarrassed the cabinet ordering them to write ‘think about the kids’ Tweets. Woeful.
mattomac liked this

By davidjay
It's obvious that they'll spin and bluster and lie their way out of this one because Cummings is far too important to be thrown to the wolves, and the fanboys will holler "Fake news!!!" and life will go on as before.

And maybe, just maybe, a few scales will fall from a few eyes and we'll be able to show that there really is one rule for them.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I've just seen that we are looking for a 'level playing field' in our EU negotiations.

Made me laugh. The whole basis of Conservatism is the removal of level playing fields and their substitution by playing fields that tip vertigionously towards the Tories and their privileged friends. In all things, great, small, and breaking the quarantine rules. All things. It's their raison d'être.
Abernathy, youngian, oboogie and 1 others liked this
US election 2020

How long have we known that locking people up for […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

This is disappointingly poor from Oborne. Most o[…]

Labour, Generally.

What I don't get is Gardiner is not, on paper, u[…]

Tony Blair (more Marmite than Messiah)

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1268809231223[…]