Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 54.8 % ❤ 2.8 % :thumbsup: 5.6 % 😯 2.8 % :grinning: 28.2 % 🙏 1.7 % 😟 1.1 % :cry: 2.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I suspect a career in being a parachute consultant beckons. He'll be paid huge sums by idiots to go in and shake up companies, which he'll love as people will be terrified for their jobs so no one will stand up to him.

I doubt he'll be any good at it, as the only things he's ever been "good" at are being a shitty Twitter troll for Gove when he was at Education, and being a liar. And his getting away with it was because of who let him/let him off, not because he did it so well he couldn't be held to account for it.

I'm sure he sees himself as some sort of Moriarty character always 10 steps ahead, when actually he's more like a malevolent Clouseau - everything he touches becomes a complete fucking mess, but because he had a couple of results through blind luck and the toothlessness of others he believes his own hype.

By Andy McDandy
That, or like Nick Timothy, cranking out "If only they had listened to me" pieces for the Torygraph.
Tubby Isaacs, Timbo liked this

By Oblomov
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:28 pm
I suspect a career in being a parachute consultant beckons. He'll be paid huge sums by idiots to go in and shake up companies, which he'll love as people will be terrified for their jobs so no one will stand up to him.

I doubt he'll be any good at it, as the only things he's ever been "good" at are being a shitty Twitter troll for Gove when he was at Education, and being a liar. And his getting away with it was because of who let him/let him off, not because he did it so well he couldn't be held to account for it.

I'm sure he sees himself as some sort of Moriarty character always 10 steps ahead, when actually he's more like a malevolent Clouseau - everything he touches becomes a complete fucking mess, but because he had a couple of results through blind luck and the toothlessness of others he believes his own hype.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

Dom nicked his greatest hits off me, says Nige. But what thanks do I get from the Tory establishment, he whined.

By davidjay
youngian wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:39 pm

Dom nicked his greatest hits off me, says Nige. But what thanks do I get from the Tory establishment, he whined.
So, he's both the most successful politician of his generation, and he's got nothing he wanted.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
So, he's both the most successful politician of his generation, and he's got nothing he wanted.

Farage carping about betrayal on the side lines has been predicted by nearly every one on this board in the past four years ago. That isn't because we're high stakes gamblers or Nostros fucking damus.
Boiler liked this

By Oblomov
youngian wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:25 am

Farage carping about betrayal on the side lines has been predicted by nearly every one on this board in the past four years ago. That isn't because we're high stakes gamblers or Nostros fucking damus.
Every fascist needs their stab in the back myth.

By KevS
It's never enough with these people, is it? You wanted us to leave the EU? We've left the EU. You wanted us to stop free movement? We've stopped free movement.

We could build a hundred feet high wall on the coast, have nothing to do with anyone who can't trace their heritage back to Boudicca, and they'd still want more.

By Bones McCoy
Oblomov wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:48 am
youngian wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:25 am

Every fascist needs a bayonet through their spine.
There, fixed it for you.

By The Red Arrow
Hell hath no fury like a knobhead scorned...

Dominic Cummings: Politicians too focused on Twitter and gossip
Boris Johnson's outgoing aide Dominic Cummings has attacked a system which he says "incentivises politicians to focus more on Twitter and gossip-column stories about their dogs" while ignoring "existential threats".
No names mentioned, of course, but which prominent resident of Downing Street combines a love of dogs and social media?

Ah yes, the Prime Minister's fiancee Carrie Symonds, frequently pictured in the company of Dilyn, her Jack Russell cross.

And who was seen as particularly influential in Mr Cummings' departure from No 10? You guessed it....
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55352610

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
The thing I noticed is the sort of parallels between DomCum and Grand Wizard Bannon; both were seen as the ultimate mastermind, the real brains, were given free reign and seemed untouchable, then all of a sudden out on their ear on the flimsiest of reasons. Just doesn't add up to me
The Tories, Generally

More on Sir Dismal Swyne: On 28 September 2019, […]

"Boris" Johnson

Spectacularly stupid Cybernat row about Johnson v[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

Just spotted the guy giving a blow job. Fuckin[…]

Round the Blogs

https://jenzerb.medium.com/i-left-my-career-in-pre[…]