Topics about the Labour Party
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:He's the one whose got a "Jewish problem", not Theresa May. If he wants to do something about it, he could start now.

And in terms of self-interest, Labour could have won Finchley and Golders Green, plus Chipping Barnet if the leader wasn't so unpopular among Jews. And Hendon.
Labour have never polled well with Jewish communities. Corbyn isn't anti-Semetic, he's just not someone who's going to suck up to Israel at all turns, and someone who wants to recognise Palestine and work towards a solution in the middle east that isn't just "give Israel whatever the fuck it wants". The public don't really care about this issue and the political nerds who do (myself included) are aware there's no rationale behind accusations of anti-semetism. Turning the news narrative onto such a minor topic when we've had yet another terrorist attack in London and a building burnt down killing 100s of people, is bad political maneuvering (something I'm sure you'd be criticising him for doing if he had done so).

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Winegums wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:He's the one whose got a "Jewish problem", not Theresa May. If he wants to do something about it, he could start now.

And in terms of self-interest, Labour could have won Finchley and Golders Green, plus Chipping Barnet if the leader wasn't so unpopular among Jews. And Hendon.
Labour have never polled well with Jewish communities. Corbyn isn't anti-Semetic, he's just not someone who's going to suck up to Israel at all turns, and someone who wants to recognise Palestine and work towards a solution in the middle east that isn't just "give Israel whatever the fuck it wants". The public don't really care about this issue and the political nerds who do (myself included) are aware there's no rationale behind accusations of anti-semetism. Turning the news narrative onto such a minor topic when we've had yet another terrorist attack in London and a building burnt down killing 100s of people, is bad political maneuvering (something I'm sure you'd be criticising him for doing if he had done so).
Sending out a tweet isn't "turning the news narrative". Given the problem, it's good political manoeuvring.

Have you read any of the Jewish critics of Corbyn and Labour, by the way? How do you know they're really being dishonest and are just thinking about Israel?

And I know Labour's Jewish problem predates Corbyn. It just seems much, much worse.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Because I've only just seen the"Hezbollah and Hamas friends" footage.

It's worse than you think (to paraphrase Orwell, just because it has Guido Fawkes in the corner, doesn't make it fake).

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You honestly can't see why some people might wonder why he's knocking about with these anti-Semites? Does it sound like he's going to be telling them hard truths about peace?
By Coupled Moment
Membership Days
Winegums wrote:

Do you think "give Israel whatever the fuck it wants" is seriously the position of the UK Jewish community? Even of UK Zionists?

I agree with the point that he didn't need to say anything in this particular instance, given the circumstances. I think, though, that it is an issue worth addressing. Talk to some Jews about it, or at least read some of the things they have to say, many would like to vote Labour but there is a lot of wariness around Corbyn himself.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Not that this is Corbyn's fault, but I see Stand Up To Racism missed the racism in this march right in the middle of London.

But it isn't untypical of this school of leftism. Anti-imperialism of fools.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
A bit like how "Stop The War" didn't so much as clear their throat when there was that chemical attack in Syria believed to be Russian-backed

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Funny you should mention them. They're influential in Stand Up To Racism.

One of the really good things that could from Corbynism is that lots of its new, very energized supporters aren't going to fall for that SWP bollocks. Just like they don't fall for the stupid Kipper stuff on the EU.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Let me backtrack a bit. I think he ought to have said something about this march. But my tone was too harsh. I think he does need to improve this stuff- just like he's improved other things he does.
By Coupled Moment
Membership Days
To be honest it can be frustrating seeing someone you'd quite like to succeed fucking up something that could be simple. It's how I felt about pretty much everything Corbyn did[n't do].

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
That's right. I mean if you were suspicious of Corbyn on this score, how would it look to you that Shami (having been touted as independent) then got a peerage and joined the front bench? Completely useless.
I did read that her report was fine, and I'm glad. But the rest of it should be the easy part.
It's like a batsman who's seen off Marshall, Garner, Holding holing out at midwicket off Larry Gomes.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
Will the front covers of the papers tomorrow splash with 'Corbyn obeys protocol' or 'Corbyn disrespects Queen'?
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
This kind of fucking stupid shit really gets on my tits. The country is going down the pan thanks to Brexit, there are cuts to the emergency services, the government are being propped up by the bloody Ulster Unioists and all they go on about is "did Corbyn bow?"

Who really gives a flying fuck???

Not me, that's for certain. This is what's wrong with the shitty media, why should anyone bow to unelected twats anyway? its not the cunting 13th century.

Fucking grow up.

With any luck, the rapidly shifting demographic la[…]

Nigel Farage

I thought the wheel bolts being loose on his car ([…]

Question Time

I'd place a substantial bet that these types are t[…]

Britain First

Golding is apparently just 35. Blimey. I'm 4[…]