•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Arch Blairite baddie John McTernan has joined Momentum

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its caused some heads to explode but I agree with his analysis they did get boots on the ground and enthused young people to go back to the CLPs and canvass. What hasn't happened to Momentum is a load of old Trot bores would suck the life out of enthusiastic young activists.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
Which idiot came up with this idea?

https://labourlist.org/2017/09/labour-l ... m-any-mps/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A proposal to have Labour leadership contenders make the ballot without any MP supporting them has gained the support of 21 local parties.

The idea has been submitted by constituency Labour parties (CLPs), which would make it possible to have a leadership contender without having any parliamentary colleagues supporting them.

It is one of several potentially controversial ideas that could go before conference this year, to be debated at 2018 conference, according to reports in HuffPost.

Another would see the position of party general secretary become elected, with three yearly elections. Many suspect that this would mean the end of Iain McNicol’s time in the top job, who has come in for criticism from some on the left of the party, although others believe he has performed well during a turbulent period.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Politicians like grassroots members democracy when its going their way but when it doesn't its back to circumnavigation to get your way. Corbyn and McDonnell will be no different.

I would support an elected party president and my nomination would be Jeremy Corbyn. The job description would be to rally the troops and press the flesh in marginals. And leave parliamentary leadership to the grown-up boys and girls.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:Politicians like grassroots members democracy when its going their way but when it doesn't its back to circumnavigation to get your way. Corbyn and McDonnell will be no different.

I would support an elected party president and my nomination would be Jeremy Corbyn. The job description would be to rally the troops and press the flesh in marginals. And leave parliamentary leadership to the grown-up boys and girls.
It's just a blatantly divisive idea that's being pushed to fulfil some sectarian agenda. It's no surprise that this came from Chris Williamson. A man who confirms what folk in my family say about folk about Derby is correct.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
Far all their talk about grassroots democracy, Momemtum aren't averse to the odd stitch up.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
That'll be an interesting case but I doubt Momentum have seriously overspent as it was more about the work they did to put boots on the ground that was important and didn't need a big budget for it.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
This of course is obviously a sinister conspiracy against Momentum

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Owen Jones is a bit of a knob, isn't he?

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 pm
Owen Jones is a bit of a knob, isn't he?
Yup. Next !

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
Jonesy's trying to get back in with the Corbynistas having spent the earlier part of this year slagging off Corbyn. As for Momentum it seem they only believe in party democracy when it suits them.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... ssion=true
Labour was hit by more infighting today after Momentum members vowed to overturn hundreds of councillor selections.

The bitter war between the party’s centre and Left wing intensified after Momentum chief Jon Lansman said Labour officials involved in choosing candidates for next year’s borough elections had orchestrated a “stitch-up”.

The Left-wingers believe moderate selection boards deliberately worked to exclude their candidates.

Ealing Momentum group today called for Labour’s London Region to re-run the entire selection process, while the Standard has learnt that Momentum in Newham believe 20 Left-wingers were blocked from running as councillors.

Stephanie Lloyd, the deputy director of Labour’s moderate pressure group Progress, said: “Jon Lansman only seems to support party democracy when the result goes his way.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Interesting perspective...

Momentum is under investigation – for spending 0.57 per cent of what the Brexit campaign did

The contrasting figures for both groups before the Electoral Commission reveal more about Momentum’s remarkable success than its potential breach of the rules.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/e ... mpaign-did

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
I will now lay my cards on the table and tell you my problem with Momentum, they're bullies, picking on anyone who doesn't share their worldview, there can be no dissent, no criticism of Corbyn, their idea of a broad church is where everyone thinks Corbyn is brilliant and can do now wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... abour.html
Momentum

Yay! Top Trumps!

The Mail's Front Page Headline

Ah, I dunno that it's even that limited. I've neve[…]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]