Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 68.1 % :thumbsup: 5.3 % :grinning: 19.1 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 3.2 % :cry: 1.1 % :shit: 2.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
How do you piss away a marginal seat? A couple of folk in Canterbury have the answer.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... canterbury

In fairness, the local party rallied round their MP and censure motion didn't go anywhere. The author of the piece seems reasonable enough, though is a bit optimistic in saying "democracy won". "Poisonous farce" had a win too. Is the strategy to make local Tories die of laughter?

Jez supporters in Canterbury overwhelmingly did the right thing. But his own attitude, whereby he seems to regard local party affairs as sacrosanct (unlike, you know, international defence treaties), doesn't wash at all. I don't expect him to bust his arse for Joan Ryan, but this is where political judgement comes in.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Oh look turns out Nelson Mandela wasn't a fan of Corbyn.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... 1536787493
Jeremy Corbyn’s anti-apartheid efforts were snubbed by Nelson Mandela for “hindering” the campaign against racial segregation inSouth Africa, it has emerged.

The Labour MP was famously arrested for his participation in a picket outside the South African embassy which demanded Mr Mandela's release from prison during the 1980s.

But efforts to arrange a meeting between Mr Mandela and the ultra-left splinter group which planned the four-year long protest outside the South African embassy repeatedly failed.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
This all sounds a bit good for Starmer.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... toms-union

Corbyn and allies try, apparently for no better reasons than to piss Chuka Umunna off, resist Starmer's customs policy. Starmer does a "you should have seen me in there" and the policy is adopted sometime later.

I'm sceptical it all happened like this.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 am
Oh look turns out Nelson Mandela wasn't a fan of Corbyn.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... 1536787493
Jeremy Corbyn’s anti-apartheid efforts were snubbed by Nelson Mandela for “hindering” the campaign against racial segregation inSouth Africa, it has emerged.

The Labour MP was famously arrested for his participation in a picket outside the South African embassy which demanded Mr Mandela's release from prison during the 1980s.

But efforts to arrange a meeting between Mr Mandela and the ultra-left splinter group which planned the four-year long protest outside the South African embassy repeatedly failed.
I always liked how the Torygraph articles fade out after a few sentences, like an elderly relative rambling off into background noise. I might see if i can write a script to do the same thing to Malcolm's posts.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
I really don't think this forum needs you. You aren't convincing anybody, and you won't, all you are doing is trolling to try to wind people up.

That is very childish - especially for someone with a supposedly responsible position - because it calls into question your stability and sense of proportion.

It is completely pointless - you simply come across as a Magic Grandad Fluffer, with no arguments, reason or logic to support your rather immature views.

You are irrelevant, a pointless minor irritant, a waste of time and effort.

Go away.
Abernathy liked this

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
You're right, I'm sure the GMC will be requesting me on the next train to London for shitposting on a forum of melts.

If you don't like the posts then just mute me. I had you on mute for literally months because you just talk garbage.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Don't mistake British politeness for weakness', […]

Labour, Generally.

Labour are going to vote down her deal. It won't p[…]

Fuck it, bring it on, let the Apocalypse commenc[…]

Nigel Farage

Nigel Farage, providing cover for all kinds of dic[…]