Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 69.3 % :thumbsup: 5.3 % :grinning: 18.4 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 3.5 % :cry: 0.9 % :shit: 1.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Doesn’t look like a man the public would choose to go up against Putin or Trump.
Or "Merkel".

If May can get her party to swallow whatever deal she gets, then I reckon she'll have a chance in a general election (if she holds one) with "Reckon Jez would fight harder for Britain?" or whatever.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Those results show that good sense is returning after giving these characters a closer look.

I haven't thought much as to whether Corbyn would secure a better deal as he's a bystander who's not going to be in power anyway. If he left it to Starmer to hammer out an EEA fudge than he would attain a better deal. But that's no way a given.
Last edited by youngian on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
I'd be one of the 24% saying he'd be better, because he's less likely to die in a ditch for immigration cuntery. I'd be worried that he'd piss about prioritizing what he saw as "real jobs", but he'd probably follow the money because he wants to spend it.
Timbo liked this

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Do I trust Corbyn to get a better deal than May? Probably not.

Do I trust Labour as a party to get a better deal than the Conservatives? Yes, absolutely. There are fewer headbangers and I feel Corbyn would compromise to the centre, whereas May compromises to the right.
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
I’m at a loss as to why people still don’t get this!

We’re at a McDonalds and the Tories have spent two years demanding fillet steak while all the time Labour have sniggered in the background with their secret plan to ask for a Whopper and a Bargain Bucket.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Is he clumsily, and with customary cumulonimbic* phraseology, leaving himself a little wriggle room here with Art. 50, knowing that the Lux hearing later this month potentially opens up a whole new front in the battle?

Maybe this is just hope.

*I made up that word. I think.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Silkyman wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:21 am
DER SPIEGEL: If you could stop Brexit, would you?

JEREMY CORBYN: We can't stop it. The referendum took place. Article 50 has been triggered.
Fuck you Jeremy. Fuck you.
I think he's just not answering the question. He's been consistent in not making htis a Labour Remain vs Tory Brexit game, because that's a fool's errand.

https://twitter.com/BBCkatyaadler/status/106338951[…]

Ed Miliband

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/10634022350[…]

The Sun

And there are plenty of cases where no-one dare as[…]

Jess Phillips

She has a right to speak her mind like every Labou[…]