Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 56.7 % ❤ 1.7 % :thumbsup: 8.3 % :grinning: 20 % 🙏 5 % 😟 1.7 % :shit: 6.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 am
Perhaps Jess had some help Kevin as she's a popular MP with her CLP.
Well, of course, she did. More volunteers piling into Yardley than I've seen anywhere. Enough to achieve that sort of contact rate easily. People really do rate and care about Jess and will go out of their way to make sure she gets elected.
mattomac liked this

By crabcakes_windermere

This is the first time since Wino has gone that I’m glad he’s not here because I really couldn’t have been arsed to plough through the paranoid, misogynistic, hateful and utterly clueless bollocks this would have prompted.
mattomac, Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Phillips isn't from a Blair Brown background, hasn't Iraq baggage and is not even on the Labour right wing. She might do surprisingly well as most Labour members who vote for Corbyn aren't active in the world online spats and insults. Jess could do worse then offering to review Trident as Len's candidate won't be.
mattomac, oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By bluebellnutter
Labour needs a dose of salts shot right through it. Jess can deliver that.

Stuff Corbyn and his crew. I'm officially #TeamJess
youngian, oboogie, Abernathy and 1 others liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Clive Lewis might be the sanest choice as a deputy to placate Momentumites. There’s always debate about London/Scotland/Wales leaders wouldn’t appeal to northern voters and vice versa. Having leaders from the Midlands and East Anglia will be a first for Labour. Parts of the country that don’t raise any strong feelings.

By davidjay
I'd still go for Starmer as leader, but Jess as deputy, connecting with the electorate and ripping the Tories to bits in Parliament, would be more than impressive.
Last edited by davidjay on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
oboogie liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Keir Starmer for me. I do wish he was a bit more cut-throat but I think he was just held back a bit. With free reign he'd hopefully be a bit more surgical when taking his opponents to pieces. He's capable of it, he just needs a bit of fight which I think was sucked out of him by having to stay onside with Corbyn.
The new leader of the Labour Party

Unison has backed Starmer and he is now through […]

My reaction to that manifesto wasn't an excess of […]

Meanwhile in America

https://twitter.com/KevS1973/status/12193101458528[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

I'm sure Nigel's attendance figures will be consis[…]