Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 50.9 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 3.5 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 22.8 % 🧥 1.8 % 😟 3.5 % :shit: 12.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
He's just Tweeted

Ed_Miliband
Govt needs to think again about plan to sell Dover port. Local ppl don’t want it sold off and it is against UK long term interests

My response:
@Ed_Miliband Please do something a bit more definite than asking the govt to think again. I want a fighter as leader of my party.

I suggest we all do the same.
The Red Arrow wrote:We need Micheal Corleone - looks like we got Fredo. Which is kind of ironic when you consider what Ed did to David.
Is David sleeping with a haddock?
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:He's just Tweeted

Ed_Miliband
Govt needs to think again about plan to sell Dover port. Local ppl don’t want it sold off and it is against UK long term interests

My response:
@Ed_Miliband Please do something a bit more definite than asking the govt to think again. I want a fighter as leader of my party.

I suggest we all do the same.
This was kicked off by ZaNuLieBore under Chairman Panzer McBroon anyway. I clearly remember the Mail declaring that the White Cliffs of Dover had become the sovereign territory of France. What had actually happened was that a French state pension fund had expressed an interest in investing in the new holding company. They needed to privatise it in order to borrow the money to fund a much-needed expansion. It will be of great benefit to the economy and people of Dover.
Thing is while this happened absolutely nothing on China and Cameron's weak warnings to them on Human Rights, whenever he meets China he says "Oh you must move to a more open democracy" and every time they become even more draconian, he's basically ignored, China don't need our trade that is why they can do it.

What's Ed Miliband's view..... ? Oh some nimbys are moaning in Dover.... Well done Ed tackle the main issues of the day.
Fiona McTaggart:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011 ... s-on-women" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"All of those things mean they will feed through to jobs for women and jobs for men," she [Lynne Featherstone] said.

"The expectation is that those jobs will be created in the private sector and women will be able to get jobs in the private sector. You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. But, at the moment, we're cooking."

Fiona Mactaggart, the shadow equalities minister, accused the government of attempting to water down the equality duty in secondary legislation due to be debated in the House of Commons on Monday.

She said: "It's extraordinary that she [Featherstone] would compare the loss of women's jobs to cooking. Actually it's people's lives. It's thoughtless and heartless.
Bearing down on the big issue of metaphor there.
Hazel Blears - apart from being a serious flipper of first homes she was dumb enough ('thick as a block of mince' as someone tweeted) that on Sky News she questioned why rioters weren't in school.

Well, Hazel -

a) Most of them were over school age,
b) The riots happened after 4pm

but mostly

c) It's the MIDDLE OF THE SCHOOL FECKIN' HOLIDAYS!
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Hazel Blears - apart from being a serious flipper of first homes she was dumb enough ('thick as a block of mince' as someone tweeted) that on Sky News she questioned why rioters weren't in school.

Well, Hazel -

a) Most of them were over school age,
b) The riots happened after 4pm

but mostly

c) It's the MIDDLE OF THE SCHOOL FECKIN' HOLIDAYS!
She also said something about the police who weren't in riot gear being told not to intervene, and the bad message this sent. Some police in intensive care might have been better, eh?
Presumably this is like the people saying the paramedics should have waded in while Derrick Bird was on his shooting spree
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Of course they agree. Because it's not them affect[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/RalfLittle/status/119689848163[…]

The LibDems, generally

That reminds me of Rick Spleen's vague plans for […]

Nigel Farage

I'm sure Sgt Major Williams will be along to comme[…]