Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 2.5 % :thumbsup: 2.5 % 😯 2.5 % :grinning: 22.5 % 🧥 2.5 % 😟 2.5 % :shit: 15 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/d ... lad-atzmon
The Labour MP Chris Williamson has been forced to apologise for backing a petition in support of Gilad Atzmon, a musician who has denounced “the Holocaust religion” and suggested there is a Zionist plan for world domination.

A Labour spokesman called Atzmon “a vile antisemite” and said it was right Williamson had apologised.
Atzmon has been around for ages. The SWP gave up on him yonks ago. Richard Seymour spotted he was a deeply unpleasant crank in 2004.

Alan Sugar continues decides to double-down on his usual casual racism on twitter with some casual homophobia too. Utterly indefensible, but Streeting gives it a go.
Powder puff, reference to stereotypical gay mens effeminacy. Make up and that.

This is just clever dickery.
Mus lim isn’t how you spell Muslim either, but I’m pretty sure Mail readers who use it are still racist.

Streeting is a great argument for anyone who has been involved in any student union politics being barred from being an MP for 20 years after leaving university.
Andy McDandy liked this
20 year moratorium (in which time you can be a party member, union shop steward etc) before you can stand for elected office, be it parish council or MP. In which time you must work in a proper job.

Possibly open to debate on timescales and how long you need to do proper job (and how you define it), but might restore some sanity.
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:46 pm
20 year moratorium (in which time you can be a party member, union shop steward etc) before you can stand for elected office, be it parish council or MP. In which time you must work in a proper job.

Possibly open to debate on timescales and how long you need to do proper job (and how you define it), but might restore some sanity.
But how do you define a proper job?
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:02 pm
Mus lim isn’t how you spell Muslim either, but I’m pretty sure Mail readers who use it are still racist.
I always thought it was paranoia that it would be censored out. Because if there's one thing the Mail does not stand for it's low-level racism.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Indeed. If the shit fits, wear it - as I believe S[…]

David Liddington?

Men in suits. French doors. Glass of whisky an[…]

This could only get better if a small-person clow[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

First Lady MacBeth. FTFY - as I believe you tech[…]