Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 4 % 😯 2 % :grinning: 22 % 🧥 2 % 😟 2 % :shit: 14 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:51 pm
Why should this particular chunk of Labour voters be "integral" and others not?
They're the left behind and as such need to be listened to above all else.
Politics should be a conversation.

When people in shithole northern towns say 'Lets leave teh EU, what have they ever done for us?' then Corbyn sholdnt be nodding in silent agreement.

He should be saying 'Well, actually, heres why brexit wont help you solve the problems you have, and will liekly make them worse'

But he wont, because hes a useless cunt.
Yes. Ten years ago, in the library café, I heard a bloke chatting up a young woman with lots of guff about the EU (AND EVERYBODY ELSE) ignoring Sunderland. In a renovated café, in a refurbished library, near a rebuilt town centre reached by new roads - all paid for from EU development grants.
Timbo liked this
]
[

As my old teacher used to say when somebody was gobshiting, "write that on top of your GCSE paper, see how many marks you get".

Dear international markets, we speak from the heart, as people who fought the government in 1984....

Funny how that holy writ conference resolution can be ignored if you're a mate of Corbyn's.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:20 pm
]
[

As my old teacher used to say when somebody was gobshiting, "write that on top of your GCSE paper, see how many marks you get".

Dear international markets, we speak from the heart, as people who fought the government in 1984....

Funny how that holy writ conference resolution can be ignored if you're a mate of Corbyn's.
There's that small matter of that money he got from his union to pay off his mortgage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41688280
And the fake redundancy.
The report says neither Lavery nor the union could provide documentary evidence of the process or the decision by which Lavery was made redundant as he left his full-time job to take another as an MP.

“The allegations further stated that the union’s then general secretary Mr Ian Lavery ceased to be general secretary when he was elected as the MP for Wansbeck on 7 May 2010 and questioned in what way this was redundancy and, if not a redundancy, asked on what basis the payments were made,” the report says.

“The union and Mr Lavery stated that the post of general secretary and therefore Mr Lavery were made redundant in May 2010. Both the union and Mr Lavery were given the opportunity to provide documentary evidence to show a process or decision by which Mr Lavery was made redundant. Neither was able to do so and stated that no such documentary evidence existed.

“In light of the absence of documentary evidence to support the union and Mr Lavery’s assertions that Mr Lavery was in fact made redundant, I do not consider that the appointment of an inspector would help to resolve the key issue as to whether Mr Lavery was made redundant within the terms of his contract of employment.”
Populism is so seductive that is why it is so dangerous.

When you explain to uneducated Brexiters that Brexit will be harmful, you will immediately be classed as a corrupt member of the elite getting in the way of the will of the virtuous people.

We have all been smeared as being members of the corrupt "elite". Se I share something if common with you after all.
Has anybody updated Labour's 2017 "radical" manifesto for the cost of their Brexit yet? It wasn't the most convincing on that score before. I think they're absolutely right to be borrowing at low interest rates for investment. If Ian Lavery's going to speak from the heart about something, why doesn't he speak from the heart about this, in his constituency?

http://www.senrug.co.uk/Re-open-Ashingt ... neLine.php

You have to be careful with these proposed re-openings, and I don't say it's all viable, but Ashington, Bedlington and Blyth are a decent size.
The Trump Presidency

Post-Obama was always going to be a dip, as he was[…]

Boris Johnson

And I've no doubt that Mutti is speaking for all o[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Corbyn’s liberationist politics are not hard[…]

The Sun

THE SUN SAYS Us Brits aren’t negotiating wi[…]