Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 2.4 % :thumbsup: 4.8 % 😯 2.4 % :grinning: 21.4 % 🧥 2.4 % 😟 2.4 % :shit: 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
You know who else is a signatory? Ken "Hitler" Livingstone.

So the Shadow Chancellor, Shadow Home Sec and a handful of other MPs are happy to sign an excuse note for a dictator alongside someone barely out for 5 minutes because of his idiotic antisemitism.

Good work guys. I bet Corbyn was itching to sign it as well, but someone managed to convince him it was better to remain neutral - or as neutral as obviously not doing it purely as an excuse when all your bezzies do it gets, anyway. Still, at least they didn't chum up with old Hitler face and try and embellish their right-on leftie credentials on a sensitive day. You know, like Holocaust Memorial D....oh.
oboogie liked this
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:05 am
You know who else is a signatory? Ken "Hitler" Livingstone.

So the Shadow Chancellor, Shadow Home Sec and a handful of other MPs are happy to sign an excuse note for a dictator alongside someone barely out for 5 minutes because of his idiotic antisemitism.

Good work guys. I bet Corbyn was itching to sign it as well, but someone managed to convince him it was better to remain neutral - or as neutral as obviously not doing it purely as an excuse when all your bezzies do it gets, anyway. Still, at least they didn't chum up with old Hitler face and try and embellish their right-on leftie credentials on a sensitive day. You know, like Holocaust Memorial D....oh.
A shameful letter, what they neglect to mention is that a number of other countries have recognised Guaido including Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Costa Rica Guatemala and Honduras. I'm sure the fact that wasn't mentioned was an unfortunate oversight.
Honduras is better left out, but yeah. Lots of international opposition to Maduro that isn't Trump that they could be engaging with.

I've got a funny feeling opponents of Maduro have already tried this dialogue lark. And like Bolivia's going to be regarded as an honest broker here. What have they even proposed?
The living Doreen Massey isn't very happy at all.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... r-wrongful
Baroness Massey insists her name was wrongly included in the list, and suggested she may have been mixed up with another Doreen Massey, a Marxist academic who had a keen interest in Venezuela, but died in 2016.

"I disassociate myself from this letter," she told PoliticsHome. “I know nothing about it. My name is Doreen E Massey and I’ve never heard of this letter – it’s nothing to do with me. They have pursued this in a very unprofessional way. It’s crazy."
Oh dear.
In a bizarre twist, the Venezuela Solidarity Committee insisted Baroness Massey had requested her name be added to the list of signatories, but she had subsequently changed her mind.

A spokesperson told PoliticsHome: "Prior to publication we recieved an email from Baroness Massey to add her name to our letter.

"After publication, we have been informed that Baroness Massey no longer wishes to have her name on the letter and thus we have removed her from the list of signatories. The Guardian will be editing accordingly."
Jimmy Hill chinny reckon.

Here's a theory. Somebody said "Add [the other] Doreen Massey, she always signs this crap". Because they'd forgotten she was dead.
Timbo liked this
Here's a theory. Somebody said "Add [the other] Doreen Massey, she always signs this crap". Because they'd forgotten she was dead.

Tariq Ali is still standing so they got away with that one. They seemed to have remembered Harold Pinter passed away.
Jon Trickett on his reservations at supporting the Cooper Amendment.
“Over the weekend I was speaking to some people in my constituency. They weren’t actually people who voted for leave, though the majority of people in my constituency had voted for leave. What they said was, ‘people have struggled for the vote, people have died pursuing the vote. Other people have been sent to Australia or put in prison – and the vote actually is a precious thing, when you think about it,” Trickett said.

“What they said is, look, we voted remain, but we’ve had a vote: get on with it. And I think that probably does capture a large swath of opinion in the country. That’s how I feel about this amendment. I feel that it may look to people as if we’re trying to somehow remove the earlier decision, which was to Brexit.”
Where was this? Down the Fat Ox, at closing time?
She's clearly some kind of god-bothering gobshite nutjob with a fucking messiah complex to boot.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... al-figures

Labour MP compares herself to Jesus after penalty points conviction

Absolutely astonishing that she was ever selected. Oh yes, she's a loyal disciple of both JCs.
oboogie liked this

Did he deliver leaflets or post it in some random […]

UKIP

Ukip MEP candidate blamed feminists for rise in […]

Boris Johnson

I edited the headline to show his full name, but t[…]

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Matthew 6:5 applies.