Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 2.5 % :thumbsup: 2.5 % 😯 2.5 % :grinning: 22.5 % 🧥 2.5 % 😟 2.5 % :shit: 15 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
youngian wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:39 pm
Alan Johnson has long been the scourge of liberals as a pioneering Michael Gove who had enough of toxicology experts when he was Home Secretary. Professor David Nutt's main crime you may recall was presenting data on the relative comparable risks of drugs in a way the Daily Mail wouldn't like. Johnson recently said he still gets gip about David Nutt. So he should.
Quite right. He pleased nobody with that either.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:55 pm
Lots of countries would like the UK's employment levels. It's easy for people like Jez to say "I've always opposed insecure employment", but there are trade offs in this stuff.

IT NEVER STOPS BEING RELEVANT.
The Gordon Brown labour market is "drunk driving", right? It's also less unemployment, fewer kids growing up in workless households, higher growth, more FDI, more chance to change jobs, less cause to emigrate looking for work.

You don't need any IDS bollocks, and you can raise the minimum wage, increase tax credits and add some protections.
Stephen Kinnock talking up division and conflict if we had a PV. Try showing some leadership and this could be a collegiate high quality debate as I recall the Euro membership debates were in the 90s. I’ve never heard of violence in a European countries that hold ratification referendums. Doesn’t he speak to his wife?
Last edited by youngian on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:56 pm
The Gordon Brown labour market is "drunk driving", right? It's also less unemployment, fewer kids growing up in workless households, higher growth, more FDI, more chance to change jobs, less cause to emigrate looking for work.

You don't need any IDS bollocks, and you can raise the minimum wage, increase tax credits and add some protections.
Work is worthless if it doesn't pay the bills. You can't pay bills, buy food, budget or save on unreliable zero-hours contracts. The only people who are fond of them are those with alternate income streams (e.g. students using ZHC as a top-up) or bosses who like having workers on the back foot.
Winegums wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:54 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:56 pm

Work is worthless if it doesn't pay the bills. You can't pay bills, buy food, budget or save on unreliable zero-hours contracts.

That might be the reason why you should “raise the minimum wage, increase tax credits and add some protections.”
The point was Tubby talking about the UK's employment level like it's a metric that means anything in a world of 0-hours contracts

And the point BEFORE that was Alan Johnson showing a complete lack of understanding of employment and people's issues with its precarious nature
You get zero hours in places with lots of protections too, if you're not careful. You can get a pool of unemployed people available to take jobs on unpaid trials. Being able to clear off to another job is important.

The UK can definitely do better but the Labour government in office had a reasonable record on this sort of stuff. If it defended it properly, it would help.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:20 pm
You get zero hours in places with lots of protections too, if you're not careful. You can get a pool of unemployed people available to take jobs on unpaid trials. Being able to clear off to another job is important.

The UK can definitely do better but the Labour government in office had a reasonable record on this sort of stuff. If it defended it properly, it would help.
Fuck me, "unpaid trials" are a fucking grim thing to aspire to. Worth noting that our unemployment figures don't count people bounced off the dole for missing a phone call, or the homeless, or those shamed into self employment selling shit door-to-door or online. High employment statistics don't mean shit if people in work are still poor.

Anyway, onto another MP who's being shit

Maybe if Watson could muster something beyond lukewarm support for the man he's deputy to, he'd actually get invited to meetings.
I WROTE LMAO AND IT WAS REPLACED WITH THIS. THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN EVERY TIME I DO IT, UNTIL I LEARN. PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME TOO SERIOUSLY, I'M JUST MISGUIDED are you laying down the law? This is the internet you utter fucking halfwit. Just block me I WROTE LMAO AND IT WAS REPLACED WITH THIS. THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN EVERY TIME I DO IT, UNTIL I LEARN. PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME TOO SERIOUSLY, I'M JUST MISGUIDED
Winegums wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:32 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:20 pm

Fuck me, "unpaid trials" are a fucking grim thing to aspire to. Worth noting that our unemployment figures don't count people bounced off the dole for missing a phone call, or the homeless, or those shamed into self employment selling shit door-to-door or online. High employment statistics don't mean shit if people in work are still poor.

Anyway, onto another MP who's being shit

Maybe if Watson could muster something beyond lukewarm support for the man he's deputy to, he'd actually get invited to meetings.
I can't be arsed any more. I didn't say "aspire to unpaid trials". I said that's the danger with much more regulated Labour markets- you get two tiers. This stuff is hard to get right
Tales from The Cult

Yeah. Of ourse, our wages, education and public se[…]

Labour, Generally.

No, the solution would be violent protest, gen[…]

The Mail vs Science!

Research conducted aboard the ISS often requires[…]

The Independent Group

Ok m8. Good chat.