Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 50 % ❤ 2.1 % :thumbsup: 4.2 % 😯 2.1 % :grinning: 22.9 % 🧥 2.1 % 😟 2.1 % :shit: 14.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Abernathy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 pm
Every time he makes a media appearance, I inwardly despair. As I do each time that Diane Abbott appears, or the dreadful Rebecca Long-Bailey, or even, god bless him, little Barry Gardner.
I still seem to have a massive blind spot when it comes to Rebecca Long-Bailey. I've struggled to form a meaningful opinion of her, because I can't seem to recall many of her public utterances. Is she really all that bad?
Just the other Sunday morning, Long-Bailey was interviewed at length on Sky News, and managed to say absolutely nothing.

It was quite uncanny.
Arrowhead wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:17 pm
Abernathy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:51 pm
Every time he makes a media appearance, I inwardly despair. As I do each time that Diane Abbott appears, or the dreadful Rebecca Long-Bailey, or even, god bless him, little Barry Gardner.
I still seem to have a massive blind spot when it comes to Rebecca Long-Bailey. I've struggled to form a meaningful opinion of her, because I can't seem to recall many of her public utterances. Is she really all that bad?
I'd argue it's not that she's gut-wrenchingly awful but just really, really dull. Which might explain why you've struggled to form an opinion of her, she's so utterly beige.
"I didn't think they'd take away MY family's Freedom of Movement!" says woman who wants to end Freedom of Movement

Abernathy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:17 am
Just the other Sunday morning, Long-Bailey was interviewed at length on Sky News, and managed to say absolutely nothing.

It was quite uncanny.
She plays it loyal and safe. Overpromoted because of the leadership challenge but not her fault. More Rayner than Burgon/ Gardiner. I'd keep her in post.

I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find ths multi-millionaire was actually your gammony grandad all along.

Has he ever actually espoused left-wing values or did he just buy his peerage from newlab?

Maybe we need a new thread for "new labour ghouls continuing to be awful now they've not in power".

He literally doesn't know how tax bands work, the stupid cunt.

If ever there were a perfect example of how the "business elite" are just people who got lucky in a system designed to prop them up, this is it.
Grahame Morris

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/la ... lestinian/
A Labour MP has apologised for sharing a video which he claimed was of Israeli soldiers beating a Palestinian youth – but which was actually actually of Guatemalan troops.

Grahame Morris came in for criticism on Monday after posting a video on Twitter showing a young man being beaten, and claiming it was personnel from the IDF.
Isreali army, Guatemalan army same thing right lads?
Winegums wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Maybe we need a new thread for "new labour ghouls continuing to be awful now they've not in power".
Y'see, I'd read this and assume Straw literally gave her the award. Only he didn't - he's just chair of the committee who decide. It's still a shitty decision, but the fact it's one step back from how it was framed just shows that left-wing media can be as shit as right-wing media in framing something with bad intent. You know - like attending a commemoration for terrorists or attending something else when there also happen to be terrorists buried there.

To cut a long story short, I get you're trying to frame New Labour as 'bad guys' (see also "Alan Sugar: what a twat, eh?" - because it's not like anyone else has elevated someone to the Lords on iffy grounds *koffchakrabartikoff*) but you're doing it by the exact same methods you get so hacked off about with Corbyn *and* the incumbent lot also have a habit of sucking up to some pretty grim people. Erdogan is bloody awful. But so is Maduro.

Be critical, sure, but apply it equally. Otherwise it's just hypocrisy and all you're doing is your own brand of whitewashing.
lord_kobel liked this
Jeremy Corbyn.

Way to prove her point Jezza.

The Independent Group for Change

Corbyn is no threat. The reason Labour show a &lsq[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Fuck me. So Corbyn’s bigot’s lunch clu[…]

Well: this'll go down well with the Gammon... &q[…]