Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 51.6 % ❤ 2.1 % :thumbsup: 4.2 % 😯 6.3 % :grinning: 24.2 % 🧥 2.1 % 😟 2.1 % :shit: 7.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:02 am
This seems credible, given her performance in the Corbyn debacle:

The Corbynista arrogance shining through again.
oboogie liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 am
Chris Bryant explains the key issue with style:

The standard of arguments put forward in defence of RLB have been quite stunningly bad. I'm actually more annoyed with this stuff than even Peake's original comment.
oboogie liked this
RLB was a star performer for Momentum - because their criteria was a very specific set of beliefs, a nonsensical refusal to take any criticism of Corbyn on board, and always putting the benefit of the movement before the party and definitely before the public.

Meanwhile, this will have them spitting feathers but is absolutely bang on. It was dullards rallying round idiots who simply never wanted to listen and didn’t care about the effects. They just wanted their brownie points for getting a dig in at Israel at any opportunity.

oboogie liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:50 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 am
Chris Bryant explains the key issue with style:

The standard of arguments put forward in defence of RLB have been quite stunningly bad. I'm actually more annoyed with this stuff than even Peake's original comment.
Tell me about it. The best has to be what about Rachel Reeves she said some nice things about Nancy Astor why hasn't she been sacked arguement?
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:20 pm
Tell me about it. The best has to be what about Rachel Reeves she said some nice things about Nancy Astor why hasn't she been sacked arguement?
I can sort of see a point there, but there's an amazing overlap between people who seem to be really bothered by it and who support Jez. I haven't noticed any significant Jewish opposition to it. That's very different to opposition to what Peake said.
I was just trying to think of the times when sacking cabinet or shadow cabinet ministers was relatively straight-forward. Mandelson had to go twice, the first time because he got some dubious home loan from Geoffrey Robinson MP, which was actually legit, if highly irregular, and the second time because of some supposedly dodgy dealing to do with passport applications involving some wealthy Indian business operators called the Hindujas - which was subsequently shown to be quite above board.

Anyhoo, point being that Mandy just took it on the chin and accepted that whatever his guilt or innocence, he needed to take one for the team, for the sake of the government, so went without fuss.

Everything changed thanks to Toxic Gandalf. Now, giving Long-Bailey the bag is akin to declaring war on the Trots. Why can't she just accept it and go quietly without phoning up George bloody Galloway?
Projective Unity, oboogie, lord_kobel and 1 others liked this
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 pm
Why can't she just accept it and go quietly without phoning up George bloody Galloway?
Starmer gave her four hours to remove the offending Tweet and apologise. To date she has done neither. The only explanation which makes any sense to me is that she wanted Starmer to sack her.

I note that FullFact are reporting that they are being inundated with requests about Starmer's involvement in the decision to not prosecute Savile.

I think the silly fuckers are attempting what they would call a "Chicken Coup".
They really don't care about the Labour Party, do they. They really don't care about people, or about doing good for people.

They're just scum.
Timbo liked this
oboogie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:11 pm
Abernathy wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:50 pm
Why can't she just accept it and go quietly without phoning up George bloody Galloway?
Starmer gave her four hours to remove the offending Tweet and apologise. To date she has done neither. The only explanation which makes any sense to me is that she wanted Starmer to sack her.

I note that FullFact are reporting that they are being inundated with requests about Starmer's involvement in the decision to not prosecute Savile.

I think the silly fuckers are attempting what they would call a "Chicken Coup".
In fairness, the Saville stuff is probably not Corbynites. "Labour paedos" stuff is very common Twitter with the sort of people who reckon Naz Shah thinks rape is OK because social cohesion.
oboogie liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:07 pm

In fairness, the Saville stuff is probably not Corbynites. "Labour paedos" stuff is very common Twitter with the sort of people who reckon Naz Shah thinks rape is OK because social cohesion.
The ones I've seen banging on about 'Starmer let Savile off because he's part of the establishment paedo ring' have been in Corbyn supporting Facebook groups mostly populated by those booted from the Labour Party Forum, usually for sharing antisemitic conspiracy theories.
Timbo, Tubby Isaacs, Projective Unity and 1 others liked this
I'm sorry, but the timing of this sudden surge in people looking for dirt on Starmer is too much of a coincidence to be purely coincidental.

For four years Corbyn and his cronies did their best to make the Labour Party unelectable, a political irrelevance, and nearly succeeded. The Trots are *still* trying to do the Tories' work for them. Why don't they just fuck off and join the Tories?
Tubby Isaacs, lord_kobel, Timbo and 1 others liked this
oboogie wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:32 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:07 pm

The ones I've seen banging on about 'Starmer let Savile off because he's part of the establishment paedo ring' have been in Corbyn supporting Facebook groups mostly populated by those booted from the Labour Party Forum, usually for sharing antisemitic conspiracy theories.
Ah, right.

There's lots of this "let off the establishment" bollocks. Apparently he was reluctant about prosecuting the Policeman who caused the death of Ian Tomlinson. Who was acquitted.
oboogie liked this
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... SApp_Other
Asked to name the greatest single cause of the climate crisis, you might waver between, say, industry or electricity generation or agriculture, but in 2007 the former Labour cabinet minister Clare Short had a novel answer: Israel. At a conference in Brussels, Short said the global finger of blame should point at Israel because, if it wasn’t for that country’s conflict with the Palestinians, the world would be amicably united in dealing with carbon emissions. Israel, she said, “undermines the international community’s reaction to global warming”, an act of distraction that would ultimately lead to “the end of the human race”.

The memory of Short’s insight returned on reading the Independent’s Thursday interview with the actor Maxine Peake, in which Peake falsely claimed that the knee on the neck that killed George Floyd in Minneapolis was a technique “learnt from seminars with Israeli secret services”. It was Rebecca Long-Bailey’s refusal to delete, and apologise for, a tweeted endorsement of the Peake interview that saw Keir Starmer make his first shadow cabinet sacking – a move with serious implications for his party and his leadership of it, and perhaps beyond.
I'm surprised none of those 'pro-Palestinians' have tried to blame Isreal for Covid.
I've been having a long 'discussion' with a friend of a friend on Facebook. She doesn't seem able to get her head around the idea that it is possible to separate the Israeli state/Netanyahu from 'Jews'. I have another friend who is passionately pro-Palestinian and she doesn't seem to be able to explain it to her either.

I've also seen this in my local party. People who I think are genuinely not antisemitic can have a real blind spot when identifying the state with the religion.

I think it's an intelligence/critical thinking issue. And as we know the extremes of politics are the home of the left-hand side of the bell curve.
Sir Keir Starmer

Starmer is going into self-isolation after an aide[…]

Labour, Generally.

A lot picking up on The Corebot's errant apostroph[…]

Boris Johnson

Inclined to agree myself, although "the malic[…]

Marina Hyde - woman of fire

Every week she seems to be getting better. Ag[…]