Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 51.1 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 2.3 % 😯 6.8 % :grinning: 25 % 🧥 2.3 % 😟 2.3 % :shit: 8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:22 pm
Long Bailey petition has 16,322 supporters. Business is brisk, but it's not exactly Cummings.
That’s pretty poor for the allegedly wide-ranging grass roots momentum movement if well under half of their members can’t be arsed to sign it.
Arrowhead liked this

He is a massive liability in general. But I can't be too hard on him seeing I'm sure I've said the same about Cameron using his son on the NHS. So I'm minded to accept this apology, and let Lloyd stay in the Shadow Cabinet till the next reshuffle.

But I like to think that if I were editing Tribune, I'd have thought "Hang on a minute!" I'm not editing Tribune, somebody called Ronan Burtenshaw is. What was his reaction?

He doesn't seem to have responded to Russell-Moyle's apology.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Problematic. I've seen criticism of the Guardian article on the identification of the financier as 'Israeli'. To define him so is clearly not antisemitic, because he is an Israeli, but given the tropes of Jewish control of financial systems it is, shall we say, a little insensitive.

But I don't see that highlighting the article makes Steve Reed an antisemite. There's nothing as loaded as Peake's comments. Perhaps he should have distanced himself from the headline.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:41 pm

I can't think of any differences, can you?
It's problematic but the person trying to make hay out of this is mounting a bad faith attack.
Boris Johnson

Try selling dozens of wind turbines to the NIMBYs […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

From what Gove was burbling on the news, it's as m[…]

Twat of the Day

A few years ago, I used to go for an after shift d[…]

Jacob Rees-Mogg

That crumpled look and that pipe couldn't be any o[…]