Topics about the Labour Party
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
 
By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
#412507
Pro-Labour site "reveals" bad story for Labour.

This lot need kicking out.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/05/02/re ... lot-panic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Labour insiders familiar with the latest figures have told Uncut that the picture for Labour in marginal seats, where it is fighting the Tories, is almost uniformly grim.

Seats that canvass returns had suggested were strong prospects for gains are much more finely balanced and those that were close are swinging heavily to the Tories.

The tartan scare is working with the fear of McLabour shifting large numbers of wavering Lib Dems and Ukippers into the Tory column.
 
By youngian
Membership Days Posts
#412509
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Pro-Labour site "reveals" bad story for Labour.

This lot need kicking out.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/05/02/re ... lot-panic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Labour insiders familiar with the latest figures have told Uncut that the picture for Labour in marginal seats, where it is fighting the Tories, is almost uniformly grim.

Seats that canvass returns had suggested were strong prospects for gains are much more finely balanced and those that were close are swinging heavily to the Tories.

The tartan scare is working with the fear of McLabour shifting large numbers of wavering Lib Dems and Ukippers into the Tory column.
Are there any other sources sharing this perspective? Apart from "familiar Labour insiders". Who the fuck is Labour Uncut?
 
By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
#412511
Here's another of theirs. Not the non-existent "35% strategy".

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/05/01/ed ... -a-failure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Labour party is in a state of emergency. Rather than fighting this election with real momentum and confidence, we are in retreat across large swathes of the nation.

In the last five years of opposition Labour has drastically shrunk its core and failed to reach out to new voters. Ed Miliband has been outflanked on the left, right and centre leaving a party creaking at the seams.

If you design a 35% leadership strategy that aims to benefit from boundary anomalies then this is what happens. He talks the talk on One Nation but he has not done much else.
 
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#412530
Stephen Bush was saying the same thing in the New Statesman, actually it was those exact words he quoted.

I did wonder were he had got it from because I hadn't heard it from friends around the country.

So either Ashcroft, Comres and the polls in general are so far removed from reality or Labour Uncut are chatting rubbish.

If this was a really poor campaign I think the likes of Mark Ferguson (Labourlist) wouldn't sound as chipper, I've not heard any SNP mumbles but I am in Wales so it is unlikely I was asked would we work with Plaid by one lady, she seemed generally accepting when I explained what Ed had said.
 
By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
#412576
mattomac wrote:Stephen Bush was saying the same thing in the New Statesman, actually it was those exact words he quoted.

I did wonder were he had got it from because I hadn't heard it from friends around the country.

So either Ashcroft, Comres and the polls in general are so far removed from reality or Labour Uncut are chatting rubbish.

If this was a really poor campaign I think the likes of Mark Ferguson (Labourlist) wouldn't sound as chipper, I've not heard any SNP mumbles but I am in Wales so it is unlikely I was asked would we work with Plaid by one lady, she seemed generally accepting when I explained what Ed had said.
And it goes against the general consensus that Labour have run as good a campaign as possible while the Tories have been pretty poor.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
#412607
davidjay wrote:Militant were thrown out for not much more than that.
Progress' continual sniping at Ken Livingstone during the last London mayoral campaign was worse than this, to be fair. Soon forgotten about though.
 
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#412618
new puritan wrote:
davidjay wrote:Militant were thrown out for not much more than that.
Progress' continual sniping at Ken Livingstone during the last London mayoral campaign was worse than this, to be fair. Soon forgotten about though.
Didn't Livingstone out perform what those insiders were predicting as well....Actually he out performed the polls which would mean even more startling results in London.
  • 1
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Grace Blakeley https://twitter.com/graceblakeley[…]

Meanwhile in Greece

Seriously though, what a bunch of imbeciles, g[…]

Theresa May

According to the Telegraph, May "is consideri[…]

Daily Express headline today

https://i.postimg.cc/m2FBpS7M/Dx-Ytyk-VX4-AESb-Mp[…]