•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Philip Marlow
They're not happy.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/10/02/br ... nferences/
Wiser heads acknowledged that, despite the heady, bar-room talk of fomenting revolution, a swift de-capitation is not on the cards. After all, the leader has a mandate, and a huge one at that.

Yes, he will make his own mistakes and mis-steps, as he has many times already in just the last two, short weeks since becoming leader. But whilst these need to be encouraged and promoted, they will not be the end of him in themselves.

They are a necessary, but not sufficient, criteria for his regime to fall.
Now a part of me thinks this is the equivalent of that magic movie trope, when the Super Villain throws back his head, cackles loudly, and proceeds to tender an unnecessarily all-encompassing run-down of his plans for world domination. The other part of me wonders if, despite the apparently inability of certain resistance members to keep their traps shut, the wrecking crew aren't too well supported to thwart. I suppose we'll see.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Q

people’s QE – The printing presses of the Weimar republic.
Jesus wept, it really is like reading the Telegraph.

Are any of that lot ever going to try to explain why their candidate got 4.5%? Beyond 'everyone else is mental' that is. They're as sectarian and condescending as any Trot would-be vanguard party.

By Philip Marlow
new puritan wrote: Are any of that lot ever going to try to explain why their candidate got 4.5%? Beyond 'everyone else is mental' that is. They're as sectarian and condescending as any Trot would-be vanguard party.
'Everyone else is mental' appears to be a close relation of 'You've got Tartan Fever boy! Tartan Fever!', which remains the favoured explanation of some people for what happened to Labour's support in Scotland.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Presented without comment.
I have a confession to make. If David Cameron was Conservative leader in 2020 fighting an election against a Jeremy Corbyn-led Labour then I would have no choice. I’d vote Conservative for the first time in my life.

I wouldn’t duck the choice with a vote for Tim Farron’s ludicrous Liberal Democrats. Farron has done nothing to build on some of Nick Clegg’s smart, centrist positioning while detoxifying the party from its shambolic U-turns and dreadfully naïve politics when in coalition.
http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2016/02/05/th ... e-in-2020/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Presumably his "I couldn't vote for Labour" will be seen as terrible and totally different to all the people who "couldn't vote Labour" under Blair, Brown or Miliband.

By Littlejohn's brain
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:Presumably his "I couldn't vote for Labour" will be seen as terrible and totally different to all the people who "couldn't vote Labour" under Blair, Brown or Miliband.
But those people couldn't vote for Labour because they didn't agree with the leadership and its policies which is totally different from Sam Dale who disagrees with the leadership or and its policies. Two further things here

1: Cameron is highly unlikely to be Tory leader in 2020.

2: This is a pointless thought piece.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:Presumably his "I couldn't vote for Labour" will be seen as terrible and totally different to all the people who "couldn't vote Labour" under Blair, Brown or Miliband.
I was mainly amused by the bit about Clegg's 'smart, centrist positioning' to be honest. That smart centrist positioning which saw his party reduced to, er, eight MPs. Impossible to take the rest of the argument seriously after that - I mean, talk about 'no compromise with the electorate'. I think 'centrist' purists are actually the most annoying purists primarily because they think they aren't.

By Philip Marlow
The Conservatives have made no secret of their desire to (occasionally) pitch to people like me since their May election victory. It’s not easy to prise away Labour tribalists but are making good progress.
No, you utter disgrace of a vacuous idiot, the Conservatives have made no secret of their desire to lob the odd liberal-sounding platitude your way, all the while carrying on business-as-usual, so that you, and people like you, will write drivel like this. Actually voting for the fuckers...There are, as Jack Parlabane once said, "some right self-abuse experts in the world."
Jeremy Corbyn.

Children, only Chinese acrobats and western morons[…]

UKIP

To be fair, Corbynites probably also regard them a[…]

The Times

Brainy Brits come out for Brexit Let me guess[…]

Higher Education

Another disastrous idea in the offing: May warns[…]