Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 44.4 % ❤ 5.6 % :thumbsup: 5.6 % :grinning: 33.3 % 😟 5.6 % :cry: 5.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Left and right can both hate libs for different reasons, it doesn't make us "the same".
Winegums wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:52 pm
Left and right can both hate libs for different reasons, it doesn't make us "the same".
Who said anything about being the same? I said that attitude to liberals put you closer to that of Bannon than Blair. That is undeniably true, however much you might not like it.
I guess so, but that statement doesn't really mean anything then. Liberals have a long, proud tradition of siding with the right over the left.
Winegums wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:22 am
I guess so, but that statement doesn't really mean anything then. Liberals have a long, proud tradition of siding with the right over the left.

They do which is why I've been Labour all my life because I believe in organised labour and it having a parliamentary wing in alliance with other progressive traditions being a bedrock of democracy. That doesn't mean I have to accept a leadership cult for a third-rate South American populist nationalist inspired windbag.
Cyclist, mattomac liked this
It's weird how the cult gets so hung up on us bombing the middle east and killing about a million people. So weird that they then get obsessed with this former Labour PM who now does PR for the exact sort of despots he was decrying when he was trying to legitimise our murder of Iraqis.
Winegums wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:25 pm
It's weird how the cult gets so hung up on us bombing the middle east and killing about a million people. So weird that they then get obsessed with this former Labour PM who now does PR for the exact sort of despots he was decrying when he was trying to legitimise our murder of Iraqis.
You can accept Blair having solid opinions now on Brexit but being a fuckwit when it comes to Iraq and having dodgy mates, or you can say Iraq means he has nothing of merit to say ever and cannot be trusted. But if you do have the latter, then you have to apply the same values to Corbyn being an apologist for Venezuela and Syria (among many other things) and having dodgy mates and accept he has nothing of value to say ever and can not be trusted.

You can’t have both. Or, at least, you can’t have both and not be a massive fucking cherry-picking hypocrite. You know - like Corbyn is with his fury at Blair and blind eye turning elsewhere.
lord_kobel, Cyclist, oboogie liked this

Well, talk about chucking a fucking cat amongst th[…]

Meanwhile in New Zealand

Gamergate seems more and more to have been a highl[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The Gammonball Run forgot to check if Middlesborou[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

No. The Duke killed William's mum. Please keep u[…]