Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 42.1 % ❤ 5.3 % :thumbsup: 5.3 % :grinning: 36.8 % 😟 5.3 % :cry: 5.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Fucking Blair's learned absolutely nothing, has he? Not the slightest scrap of humility. Happy to take Kazakhstan cash yet feels he has the right to opine about freedom and democracy, when he spectacularly failed to deliver anything of the sort in either Iraq or Afghanistan. It would be comical if he weren't still being treated seriously by the media.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21602723" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kirsty Wark's a fawning embarrassment as well.
new puritan wrote:Fucking Blair's learned absolutely nothing, has he? Not the slightest scrap of humility. Happy to take Kazakhstan cash yet feels he has the right to opine about freedom and democracy, when he spectacularly failed to deliver anything of the sort in either Iraq or Afghanistan.
Did I hear him reject accusation about Iranian regional expansion by saying we could deal with Iran next. The man is a messianic liberal imperialist fanatic.

Oh and Iran's nuclear programme is due to Sadam having mustard gas and we should have invaded earlier and therefore there would be no nuclear programme.

The man still has that plausible cheap con man manner that it takes a few hours to sink in what a load of infantile drivel he was talking.
Tony Benn's response to the Tony Blair Iraq War BBC interview -
"The Iraq War was an imperial war to control their oil, it was based on false information and we're still here. I think till the day he dies, he will have to live with that."
youngian wrote:The man still has that plausible cheap con man manner that it takes a few hours to sink in what a load of infantile drivel he was talking.
Indeed, he is a superb speaker, so much so that, even when you know he's talking crap, he still sounds plausible. I can think of no current politician, in any party, who has that talent.
Oh dear:
Tony Blair has publicly backed free schools as “a great idea” and accused teaching unions of obstructing “necessary educational change”, TES can reveal.

The former Labour prime minister, speaking at a conference in Dubai last week, also called for more private sector involvement in state education. While stopping short of backing state schools being run for profit, Mr Blair did not oppose the idea, instead saying that the UK was not “ready” to debate the move.
http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6325553" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
here he goes again the election would have been tighter if he'd still been around

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/20 ... y%E2%80%9D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Given the amount of personal hostility to Brown, and that the Iraq war opponents are vocal but not a critical mass, I suspect he is right.

There's a rather sickening Blair witch hunt going on. We need to make a calmer appraisal of his premiership than just a WMD dossier and a stupid military venture, which was supported by the United Nations...

As I tire of pointing out, Osborne's austerity consists largely of reversing the progress made under Blair's premiership.
I actually thought that Blair did a good job as PM at least prior to Iraq. With regards to Iraq I was given a booklet by the Stop the War Coalition once on the trial of Tony Blair, some of the questions were quite bluntly absurd
I think Blair seriously overestimates himself, to be honest. He was certainly a much better communicator than Brown, but I don't think any Labour leader could have done a great deal in the circumstances. The party was left holding the bag when the global economy went down the pan. Blair managed to skip town just before that point, but had he continued as PM he wouldn't have been able to dodge the flak, especially after 13 years in charge.

Also, Labour's share of the 2005 vote was actually lower than the Tories' share of the 2010 vote, and Blair was up against a reactionary weirdo in Michael Howard back then. Blair was a liability post-Iraq, and (rightly or wrongly) Brown wasn't quite as tainted by that. I don't think Blair would have done anything to stem the tide of Labour votes to the Lib Dems in 2010, for one thing. Really though, the man's had his day. He doesn't seem to have accepted it.
Mark Francois MP

https://twitter.com/MarkFrancois12/status/11977956[…]

2019 General Election

Politics is just rasslin' for lads who've never se[…]

Question Time

Well this is a strange way of saying he was comp[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Yes, but resigning from a party you're not a membe[…]