Topics about the Labour Party
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
But the essence of populism seems to be that you can prove yourself to be a copper-bottomed doorknocker-solid wanksock and the populii still sup up your stupidity like a hungry dog in a big gravy boat.
Remains to be seen.
I've just viewed a Trumpette praising the Golden One for lowering her sick son's medical insurance. Of course, that was down to Obamacare, and Trump hasn't 'figured out' what he's doing with medical care yet, but he gets the praise anyway.

I'm not sure you realise quite how stupid some people are.
WTF? wrote:Tony Blair launches pushback against 'frightening populism'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... g-populism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I find it difficult to disagree with anything he's saying in that piece. Come back Tony, all is forgiven.
I find that quite cheering, and exciting. Thank Dawkins somebody is doing something to try to arrest the dread slide into a world of shite.
Good job Corbyn is backing the will of the people on Brexit to fight Blair's neo-liberal agenda
He claimed the Brexiteers’ agenda was not really about immigration, but politics. “The game of these people is not ultimately about Brexit; it is about an economic experiment where they want to turn the UK, or more accurately England, into a sort of offshore, free-wheeling, free-market, free-trading hub. I think it is a rightwing fantasy, and I don’t think the British people would vote for it.”
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:Remains to be seen.
I've just viewed a Trumpette praising the Golden One for lowering her sick son's medical insurance. Of course, that was down to Obamacare, and Trump hasn't 'figured out' what he's doing with medical care yet, but he gets the praise anyway.

I'm not sure you realise quite how stupid some people are.
She's less likely to be praising the final plan. A deficit fuelled boom could help him a lot, but I can't see his high end tax cuts are going to be that popular.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Hopefully populism is dying anyway. Trump got very lucky and is making an idiot of himself.
Trump and Brexit are panning out as you'd expect populists to once they get into power. I'd be surprised if Le Pen has picked up any new voters on the back Brexit and Trump. If Farage had any wisdom in his predictions he would have played it cool instead acting like a coked-up teenager at a party.

Trevor Noah's take on the Dutch elections; Hypothetical Trump seems like a lot of fun but once the Dutch saw an actual Trump...

[youtube]VW1pdY3sNcA[/youtube]
Trump and Brexit are panning out as you'd expect populists to once they get into power. I'd be surprised if Le Pen has picked up any new voters on the back Brexit and Trump. If Farage had any wisdom in his predictions he would have played it cool instead acting like a coked-up teenager at a party.

Trevor Noah's take on the Dutch elections; Hypothetical Trump seems like a lot of fun but once the Dutch saw an actual Trump...
I'd agree with that, but I think too many pundits tend to think each country's situation is the same and ignore local factors on the ground.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Children, only Chinese acrobats and western morons[…]

UKIP

To be fair, Corbynites probably also regard them a[…]

The Times

Brainy Brits come out for Brexit Let me guess[…]

Higher Education

Another disastrous idea in the offing: May warns[…]