Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 44.4 % ❤ 5.6 % :thumbsup: 5.6 % :grinning: 33.3 % 😟 5.6 % :cry: 5.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
It's interesting there are two groups of followers on social media whose default position is to revert to attacking an old enemy when faced with difficult questions.

Corbynites resort to attacking Tony Blair.
Trump fans resort to attacking Hilary Clinton.

I've never seen anyone else do it. There are a few Brexiters who do it to different individuals (Barnier, Tusk, Juncker, Cameron, Corbyn, Khan) but never the same, unifying figure.
I've not seen people who support Corbyn do that as some knee jerk reaction, perhaps only when he's criticised for doing something by the sorts of people who have previously let the same behaviour fly under Blair.
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm
I've not seen people who support Corbyn do that as some knee jerk reaction, perhaps only when he's criticised for doing something by the sorts of people who have previously let the same behaviour fly under Blair.

Such as? I genuinely can't think of anything Corbyn does which Blair did/got away with?
Winegums wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 pm
How about this?

viewtopic.php?p=531521#p531521
I have not seen one single, solitary syllable of counter-argument to Tony Blair's intervention on Brexit. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nichts.

Plenty of crude, hysterical and aggressive ad hominem attacks, sure.

(For use as a template): Rinse, replace name, repost as required.
I have not seen one single, solitary syllable of counter-argument to John Major's intervention on Brexit. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nichts.

"Despises the will of the people, yesterday's man, he shagged Egwina, cones hotline, ERM." Major was PM at a dangerous time that could have seen Europe fall apart instead he lead the country from the front with Kohl and Mitterand in overseeing the transition of former Warsaw Pact countries. Thatcher's inability to see the new landscape is what led to her downfall. His domestic policies sucked.
Last edited by youngian on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreuzberger liked this
I have not seen one single, solitary syllable of counter-argument to Donald Tusk's intervention on Brexit. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nichts.

I have not seen one single, solitary syllable of counter-argument to Leo Varadkar's intervention on Brexit. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Nichts.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... um=twitter

What is it with politicians and getting their failsons into politics?
The Sun

The Sun, can, as ever, fuck right off. I appreci[…]

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/james-godda[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/110804014838[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

LBC is a good gauge of Brexit opinion. The madder […]