Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 44.4 % ❤ 5.6 % :thumbsup: 5.6 % :grinning: 33.3 % 😟 5.6 % :cry: 5.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
bluebellnutter wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:31 am
Ironically, "The Crimson King" would be a better nickname for Corbyn than "the absolute boy".
And his theme could be '21st Century Schizoid Man'?
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:48 pm
Must resist the urge to ask Winegums to list the Labour leaders who've won an election in the last 40 years...
Sorry, does Blair's success mean he can't be criticised? As long as the guy who walks into No 10 is wearing a red rosette everything they do and say is immaterial?
Sorry, I forget it's only worshippers of Corbyn (PBUH) who are fanatical. :roll:
A child writes:
Winegums wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:54 pm
Sorry, does Blair's success mean he can't be criticised? As long as the guy who walks into No 10 is wearing a red rosette everything they do and say is immaterial?
Sorry, I forget it's only worshippers of Corbyn (PBUH) who are fanatical. :roll:
To be imagined spoken in a nasal whine.
Just in case you're responding to me Malcy, I muted you like three days ago. I assume your patter is either

a) Picking up on a spelling/grammatical mistake which makes minimal impact on the parsing of a post.
b) Saying "how's the picketing going (I am amused)?", proof that the centre can't meme for shit m8.
c) A vacuous reply like "thick" or "utterly devoid of critical reasoning" that doesn't engage with content.
Winegums wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:54 pm
Would you prefer one with a blue rosette instead of one with a red rosette who you disapprove of?

And before your inevitable, tedious attack of whataboutery, yes I would prefer Corbyn to May in No.10. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer Blair or Clegg to both of them.
I was going to ask why, but this is literally only about brexit isn't it. How do you think it would go if the government ignored a referendum?
I genuinely want to know why you want Loser Clegg in Number 10. Or Blair. Given the failure of centrism and 3rd way politics, what do you think they have to offer?
Winegums wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm
I was going to ask why, but this is literally only about brexit isn't it. How do you think it would go if the government ignored a referendum?
Absolutely fine, given it was an advisory, non-binding referendum based on subsequently debunked figures, may have seen one of the official campaigns illegally overspend (and in cahoots with a firm conducting exceptionally questionable activities), and it has become increasingly apparent that Brexit will damage the economy for decades, has a high chance of undoing the Good Friday agreement, will see the NHS sold off to US concerns , chlorinated chicken on shelves etc - not to mention the public turning against it anyway.

There’s literally no reason to go through with it unless you’re a Tory who stands to lose a lot personally, a bigot who thinks as soon as we leave all the darkies will be gone, or some journeyman politician of limited vision who can’t see past the EU being a capitalist body and so is selfishly enabling groups 1 and 2 because of his own stupid prejudices, against the will of his party members.

A half-decent leader could easily, easily sell the case for staying in at this stage. But they’d have to want to, of course.
Cyclist, lord_kobel liked this
Winegums wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:56 pm
I genuinely want to know why you want Loser Clegg in Number 10. Or Blair. Given the failure of centrism and 3rd way politics, what do you think they have to offer?
Because Corbyn's been such a rip-roaring success so far, hasn't he?

And I'm still waiting for your answer to the question - if he's so wonderful and popular, why isn't he storming ahead in the polls?
Cyclist liked this

It's a bit much to call it a Freudian slip I agree[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

You know my stance - I'd block you if I co[…]

Boris Johnson

Apologies for repeating what's been said on here b[…]

Labour, Generally.

So, still no decisive movement toward a confirmato[…]