Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 61.3 % ❤ 0.9 % :thumbsup: 7.2 % 😯 0.9 % :grinning: 21.6 % 😟 4.5 % :cry: 1.8 % :shit: 1.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:53 pm
Reckon that's an outlier.
Agreed. Those numbers would make a bit more sense if, for example, the Lib Dem’s had been the main beneficiaries of the Labour dip. But the Tories? Nah, not buying it one iota.

By mattomac
Better waiting for Brexit if your going quit anyhow.

Actually I would happily see the party engage in a leadership election now, It would push Corbyn out from behind some fictional long game and he isn't adding much to the debate anyhow.

I think that poll is a bit of an outlier as well.

By davidjay
youngian wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:34 am
Didn't think this hand grenade would be lobbed. I can't see a party with seven MPs is going to make much impact.
A party with a couple of hundred candidates in a general election will make a very big impact, and not in a good way. Well done, Wino and your mates - you've got what you wanted. Now let's see how well your new, purified Labour party does.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Didn't think this hand grenade would be lobbed. I can't see a party with seven MPs is going to make much impact.
Just 2 Tory MPs defecting to UKIP dragged that party far more to the right. If May loses a few Tory MPs to the group - and it has been cleverly labelled in that sense, as it is not just 'another Labour party' or indeed a party at all - then she could start to shift towards their aims to prevent further defections.

Corbyn I suspect will go the other way - spurred on by forcing out some, his more rabid supporters will push more and more MPs hard to sign up with unwavering loyalty or leave. And they're out before the guilt by association of Brexit occurs.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:40 am
youngian wrote:
A party with a couple of hundred candidates in a general election will make a very big impact, and not in a good way. Well done, Wino and your mates - you've got what you wanted. Now let's see how well your new, purified Labour party does.
I am actually screaming. That press conference was 20 minutes of free comedy. Angela Smith literally stood up and said "we're asking the public to tell us what they want us to stand for". Never before has a group of MPs been so dead in the water.

By davidjay
Winegums wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:14 am
davidjay wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:40 am
youngian wrote:
I am actually screaming. That press conference was 20 minutes of free comedy. Angela Smith literally stood up and said "we're asking the public to tell us what they want us to stand for". Never before has a group of MPs been so dead in the water.
Labour under its current leadership. And while I have your attention, how about that bet I offered you?
The Mail & Climate Change

16-year-old Greta Thunberg is a bit of a rising st[…]

Unless you drive like a c**t, lowering the suspe[…]

Meanwhile, in Canada

The smallest province in Canada in terms of area a[…]

Which has what to do with your claim that "Ma[…]