Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 53.9 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 13.6 % 😯 1.6 % :grinning: 20.9 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1 % 😟 3.1 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Can't do links from my phone, but bad council by-elections last night again. Because of 2017, we can't rule out that Labour will pull it out of the fire. But it's odd, to say the least, that Labour, the grassroots movement, can't win an egg and spoon race in local government.
oboogie liked this

By Arrowhead
More rumours circulating tonight of another defection from Labour to the Lib Dems.

Any thoughts on who this might be? Ian Murray would be my bet, although Neil Coyle is another who springs to mind. Both represent constituencies where the Lib Dems were strong, until their 2015 meltdown of course. Indeed, Coyle's Bermondsey constituency had Simon Hughes as their representative for more than thirty years.

By Tubby Isaacs
Labour won't lose Coyle's seat. Hughes was able to hold that seat by pitching himself to the left of Blair. They aren't going to get away with that now. The Lib Dems lost their deposit in Murray's constituency, so wouldn't make much sense for him.
Arrowhead liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
So Jeremy is pushing for a 'sensible' brexit. As opposed to the nonsensical act of seeing how toxic brexit is, seeing how the public reacted last time he tried to sit on the fence, and then deciding to double down on a policy that puts him in the same camp as the Tories as pushing brexit and leaving the public bewildered by his plan to negotiate a better deal then potentially campaign against it.

I see Milne has returned from his holiday and hit the ground running.
Boiler, Timbo, Abernathy and 2 others liked this

By Arrowhead
What an incredibly stupid thing to do, especially with the party conference just around the corner.

Watson was elected by Labour members, and it should be Labour members only who determine his future.
Timbo liked this

By Boiler
I look forward to the death of the Labour Party. With shit like that, it deserves it.

My sincere apologies to those party members (past and present) on here whom I know work tirelessly to 'do the right thing' within their CLPs and bring about a better society, but only when the current party collapses and dies unloved in the gutter will some good come out of it. It must be incredibly frustrating for you to see the mistakes of 1983 repeated again.

My vote was meaningless anyway round here (it's Gammon Central); so my participation in elections is over. :(

By Arrowhead
Boiler wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:27 pm
I look forward to the death of the Labour Party. With shit like that, it deserves it.
Not a helpful comment. As Weeping Angel alluded to, there are a great many people out there who urgently need a Labour government for reasons far beyond Brexit. It's why this news re Lansman is so teeth-grindingly annoying.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:32 pm
Boiler wrote:
Not a helpful comment. As Weeping Angel alluded to, there are a great many people out there who urgently need a Labour government for reasons far beyond Brexit. It's why this news re Lansman is so teeth-grindingly annoying.
It's a bit more than annoying. It pretty much guarantees that the people who need a left-centre reforming welfare state government won't get one. Perhaps something better will rise like a feasant from the ashes.
Starting again seems the only way forward now. The Labour Party has been destroyed.
oboogie liked this

By Arrowhead
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:56 pm
It's a bit more than annoying. It pretty much guarantees that the people who need a left-centre reforming welfare state government won't get one. Perhaps something better will rise like a feasant from the ashes.
Starting again seems the only way forward now. The Labour Party has been destroyed.
I guess the next GE will tell us a lot. Elections tend to galvanise parties, even badly fractured ones as we saw in 2017. It's a straw to clutch at, if nothing else!

By Boiler
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:32 pm
Boiler wrote:
And do you seriously think I don't fucking know that?! Do I have to remind you of what I had to do to support a seriously and chronically ill partner through both Tory and New Labour governments that didn't give a fuck about the disabled?

Fuck off, pal.
Sir Keir Starmer

He could do well to ignore drivel like this. http[…]

Boris Johnson

Blimey. Obviously I hope Johnson recovers. And as […]

The new leader of the Labour Party

Well, that didn't take long, did it? Savile […]

Roll Call

My sister - upon my request - sent me a photo of h[…]