Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 56.5 % ❤ 1.2 % :thumbsup: 11.3 % 😯 1.2 % :grinning: 20.8 % 🧥 0.6 % 🙏 0.6 % 😟 3.6 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 1.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
On that one, at least, I can report something positive. The CAC have agreed to take today's report back and review. We'll see if we get handed an amendment for the afternoon session, as we did yesterday.

Currently in the Green New Deal debate. The compositing took 11 hours, because the unions aren't happy.

By crabcakes_windermere
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:23 am
Ian Lavery on Sky, lying through his fucking teeth.

McCluskey earlier shouting down Beth Rigsby when she tried to interview him. Shocking behaviour, when he couldn't answer he resorted to bullying.

This was why we tried to reduce Trade Union influence. Another one to thank Ed Miliband for.
Yeah, I saw that. You can see how it's going - they don't care who they bulldoze, they don't consider themselves accountable because they're obviously right, and how dare anyone question them. They know best for you, and you should shut up and be grateful or fuck off and join the tories.
Boiler, Timbo, Oblomov liked this

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:23 am
This was why we tried to reduce Trade Union influence. Another one to thank Ed Miliband for.
Once upon a time, a long long time ago, I'd have said "but your party owes its existence to the Unions, aren't you biting the hand that feeds you?"

I could tell you some tales involving my own union, but suffice to say it was a fucking expensive drain on my salary (1% capped at £400pa) and it let me down badly every time I needed it - right up to my redundancy (and I can tell you some eye-opening stuff there).

A mate of mine was a rep and he did a lot of good work in dealing in individual cases within local government; he keeps a silence when I go off on one of my rants about it.

By crabcakes_windermere
They've allowed the motion before the one on FOM at conference, and the one afterwards, but pulled that one.

That, with the other conference motions and the weasel wording ("a" customs union, single market "access") add up to one thing: Corbyn and Milne not only want Brexit, but what would be recognised as hard Brexit. The magic deal they will negotiate in 3 weeks won't even take 3 weeks because it's May's deal, with possibly a few tweaks not even worth note.

They know that won't pass parliament on a free vote because it's shit. Therefore I can only assume they are going to rig the referendum on it they're promising (that or no deal , with the shit deal being 'the option for remainers'), or do some Cummings-level nonsense to try and force it through.

Put simply, I do not trust Corbyn in the slightest to approach this fairly, honestly or openly, or to work towards any result that doesn't deliver his personal goals.
Abernathy liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
How do they explain not voting for May's deal if they're basically just sticking stuff on the end of it, as seems to be the suggestion? The Tories will have more justification in voting it down than Labour did in voting May's deal down. Not that stuff about the future relationship is going to be binding anyway, as I understand it.

By Tubby Isaacs
Conference voted for freedom of movement. Which is good, except that it's committed to settling things with a referendum on a credible leave deal. How can it stick up a leave option with freedom of movement in it?

Still, they'll get those "Love Brexit, Love the Poles" voters. Crucial block that. Huge.
Timbo, oboogie liked this

By bluebellnutter
The Brexit voters for whom it wasn't all about immigration. To be fair depending on what day it is that could vary from 17.4m people to 0 people.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Corbyn and Milne not only want Brexit, but what would be recognised as hard Brexit. The magic deal they will negotiate in 3 weeks won't even take 3 weeks because it's May's deal, with possibly a few tweaks not even worth note.

I’m failing tosee much difference between May's WA and Corbyn's offering. Rolling over EU employment, environmental and consumer rights is a matter for the UK government. There’s state aid in which Corbyn thinks he’ll get a free trade deal with the EU for products made with state subsidised steel from Scunthorpe. That’s product dumping and its not going to happen.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Labour might just feel like it needs more cover for voting the WA down, do you reckon?

Put up May's deal as the leave option, say that if it passes you'll sign a treaty with the EU as a third party on standards. Most of these, as far as I know, are popular. Let the Tories run on Britannia Unchained policy/ No Deal.
youngian liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Labour might just feel like it needs more cover for voting the WA down, do you reckon?

Labour’s position has been over complicated by its critics as its not that hard to explain on the doorsteps; ‘We’ll put forward a deal that’s better for workers and business that May refused to put on the table but you’ll get the final say.’ That’s not a position which will spark rioting.
Jacob Rees-Mogg

What I am thinking right now is unacceptable, so I[…]

Twat of the Day

Better punch line. I could be confused - was drink[…]

2019 General Election

From Ibiza to the Norfolk broads... #ToryLies ht[…]

Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/12025663220785[…]