Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 54.5 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 12.3 % 😯 1.6 % :grinning: 21.4 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 3.2 % :cry: 2.7 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Promising maiden speech from Zarah Sultana from Coventry South, disregarding convention to talk about how as a working class Muslim lady in her mid-twenties, she's been screwed over by austerity and Tory values.

Referenced "letterboxes" and "tank-topped bum boys" as "divide and rule" tactics, to distract from the benefits for millionaires. And then she started talking about global warming.

I think that I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
mattomac, Arrowhead liked this

By Arrowhead
Samanfur wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:35 pm
Promising maiden speech from Zarah Sultana from Coventry South, disregarding convention to talk about how as a working class Muslim lady in her mid-twenties, she's been screwed over by austerity and Tory values.

Referenced "letterboxes" and "tank-topped bum boys" as "divide and rule" tactics, to distract from the benefits for millionaires. And then she started talking about global warming.

A promising start indeed, although Labour has a lot of hard work to do to stop Coventry becoming another Stoke-on-Trent. A couple of their majorities there, including in Sultana's Coventry South constituency, are now perilously tiny. And that's before the Tories begin their gerrymandering.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:35 pm

I am as well

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/excl ... u-1.491027
Labour’s General Election candidate for Coventry South bragged she would “celebrate” the deaths of Tony Blair and Benjamin Nentanayu - and also wrote of her support for “violent resistance” by Palestinians.

Zarah Sultana, a paid Labour staffer and West Midlands regional campaigner, was selected last week as the official candidate from a shortlist of just two candidates.

The selection of Ms Sultana came amid controversy that national party officials had used emergency ‘snap election’ rules to produce a longlist for the seat, circumventing the local party.
oboogie liked this

By lord_kobel
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:32 pm
I saw what he says as a description of the worst sort of Corbynista
Which, on its own, might be fine, but when combined with the lies and bullshit about leaving the EU gives a clearer indication of the author's biases.

By crabcakes_windermere
lord_kobel wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:32 am
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:32 pm
I saw what he says as a description of the worst sort of Corbynista
Which, on its own, might be fine, but when combined with the lies and bullshit about leaving the EU gives a clearer indication of the author's biases.
The only parts about leaving the EU are written from the perspective of people who may have voted to leave the EU who Corbynism still didn’t remotely appeal to, not personal opinion. So I’m still not sure you’ve not misread it, I’m afraid.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
It would be naive to expect Camp Corbyn have got the message even after a GE trouncing. Some of this board were even rightly sceptical Corbyn would resign. But I’m now confident and pleased to be wrong that members haven't got the message.
I read this CLP was taken over by Ted Knight and his looney mates but members have not been doing what they’re told
Last edited by youngian on Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arrowhead liked this

By Boiler
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:08 am
Corbyn’s mates let Corbyn off the hook entirely, thus ignoring everything actual voters told them in favour of a debunked theory in complete non-shocker.

And still...

The new leader of the Labour Party

The anger over Starmer’s Brexit stance is th[…]

The Tories, Generally

I repeat : Going to be a lot of 'Good Germans' abo[…]

The TV Licence and Funding the BBC

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1229060184724[…]

Boris Johnson

Is he raising or cutting? Given who he is, I assu[…]