Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 54.3 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 12.6 % 😯 2.7 % :grinning: 21.1 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 3.1 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Didn't know where else to put this. This (and another post below about a medianish household with 2 kids) pretty much sums up my problem with Jez-era Labour and the implication that we can just tax the one percent, internet giants, corporations or whatever and get what we want.

I'm sure you can get some more out of "people who aren't like us" than we do. I liked the higher income tax for £80k earners and above. But I think it's on balance unlikely that literally every government in Europe levies more money on ordinary Joes when they could just be sticking it on people who aren't us.
Timbo liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
bluebellnutter wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:49 pm
But why would they bump off Smith and Cook as massive threats to thee establishment when they were so convinced Corbyn was also a massive threat to it and yet miraculously survived?
He's *so* dangerous, he cannot be taken out.

By Malcolm Armsteen
A prayer candle, innit?

https://www.aintsaint.co/products/saint ... yer-candle

£19 to you.
Corbyn is a good man. He’s strong, principled and courageous. Time and time again he has reminded us that poverty, injustice and inequality aren’t inevitable. Our country doesn’t have to be like this. Things can change if you have the will to act. Saint Jeremy Corbyn reads "FOR THE MANY NOT THE FEW". 9"/22.5cm unscented wax jar candle.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
If staff at Labour HQ wish for their milk to be delivered to their desk please contact the executive director of strategy
Jeremy Corbyn’s Senior Aide Seumas Milne Still On Labour Party Payroll

Most staff who worked closely with Corbyn had their contracts tied explicitly to the tenure of his leadership, in line with previous practice.

Ed Miliband’s executive director for communications, Bob Roberts, and his executive director for policy, Torsten Bell, both had their contracts linked to their boss’s time in office even though they were employed in party posts.

But in 2018 Milne and other senior members of Corbyn’s office had their contract terms changed under new general secretary Formby.

HuffPost UK has learned that Milne is still employed by the party, with one insider revealing he was described in an internal document from the general secretary’s office as “executive director of strategy” https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... b0d33cff80
Tubby Isaacs, Timbo liked this

By Timbo
youngian wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:32 pm
If staff at Labour HQ wish for their milk to be delivered to their desk please contact the executive director of strategy
Jeremy Corbyn’s Senior Aide Seumas Milne Still On Labour Party Payroll

Most staff who worked closely with Corbyn had their contracts tied explicitly to the tenure of his leadership, in line with previous practice.

Ed Miliband’s executive director for communications, Bob Roberts, and his executive director for policy, Torsten Bell, both had their contracts linked to their boss’s time in office even though they were employed in party posts.

But in 2018 Milne and other senior members of Corbyn’s office had their contract terms changed under new general secretary Formby.

HuffPost UK has learned that Milne is still employed by the party, with one insider revealing he was described in an internal document from the general secretary’s office as “executive director of strategy” https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... b0d33cff80
Cushy job with a golden parachute for the few, paid for by the many? Surely not. I'm starting to think it's going to take a 'New Labour' level of rebrand / cleaning house for them to have a decent shot at the next election. If the talk of potential privacy lawsuits comes to fruition, we could even see literally a new party.
By mattomac
I remember them doing this...

Another excellent idea by Formby, just to make it clear if your a staff member of a MP or a shadow cabinet minister your tenure is linked to there’s, so it’s for the few not the many in Mr Milne’s case.

They could furlough him, be cheaper.
US election 2020

How long have we known that locking people up for […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

This is disappointingly poor from Oborne. Most o[…]

Labour, Generally.

What I don't get is Gardiner is not, on paper, u[…]

Tony Blair (more Marmite than Messiah)

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1268809231223[…]