Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 56.5 % ❤ 1.1 % :thumbsup: 11.9 % 😯 2.6 % :grinning: 19.7 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 3.3 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:24 pm
Boiler wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:21 pm
Pantomime?
Indeed it was.
Oh no it wasn't.
bluebellnutter liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts

Look at the laughable responses to this. Not just the assumption that Lis didn't vote Labour (he did in 2017 and 2019, but voted Green in the Euros under PR)- he points this out loads of times. But I don't think more generally they understand how many people voted Labour in spite of thinking they/ the leadership were shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadershi ... ion#2019_2
Arrowhead liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
It also infuriates me quite how many people seem to think that Starmer (or indeed any labour MP) - trying to recover after a disastrous election and against an 80-seat majority - can come out with incredibly strong statements on matters like pulling down statues that can be easily misinterpreted/twisted by the Tory press/Tories themselves as the sort of thing that leaves voters cold.

Yes, it's a fucking shitty game, but it's the only one in town. You've got to win it first, then you can make changes so that you don't have to play by the same rules. Corbyn utterly refused, played his own game, and achieved precisely fuck all as a consequence. No changes to people's lives, no improvements in poverty. Nothing. Because it was more important to him to be seen to be as worthy as possible, all the time. And now his fans want Starmer to do the exact same thing, and anything less is evidence he's a Tory.

Madness.
Timbo, oboogie, Abernathy liked this

By Oblomov
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:31 pm

Yes, it's a fucking shitty game, but it's the only one in town. You've got to win it first, then you can make changes so that you don't have to play by the same rules. Corbyn utterly refused, played his own game, and achieved precisely fuck all as a consequence. No changes to people's lives, no improvements in poverty. Nothing. Because it was more important to him to be seen to be as worthy as possible, all the time. And now his fans want Starmer to do the exact same thing, and anything less is evidence he's a Tory.

Madness.
Yebbutwontheargument!!!!!!!!!!

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I believe this bell end is still a party member. (Apologies for the source)
FORMER Labour Party MP Laura Pidcock has been ordered to pay nearly £4,000 back to the British taxpayer after being found guilty of abusing parliamentary expenses for political ends in the lead-up to December's general election.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... -fraud/amp

What was she doing? Giving people bungs to vote Tory?

By Abernathy
She knew exactly what she was doing and thought she would get away with it.

MPs used to use their monthly mailing allowance for regular political mailshots to constituents (the trick was to save it up and/or use other MPs' allowance reciprocally to cover their whole constituency) but the HoC clamped down on the practice quite heavily a few years ago, so I am surprised that she thought she would get away with it, but I don't buy her defence that she didn't know she was doing anything wrong.
Catkins liked this
The Biased BBC

Head of the biggest media organisation in the coun[…]

Liz Truss

As I always say, slash tariffs, more foreign impor[…]

Matthew Hancock

Labour, Generally.

You know what would be good? If after this nonsen[…]