Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 56 % ❤ 1.1 % :thumbsup: 12 % 😯 2.6 % :grinning: 19.9 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 3.4 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:54 am
Farage has already said he’ll be back with a hanging, flogging, Pounds and Ounces pensioner party. And he will have a stab-in-the-back myth ready for Brexit true believers to comfort themselves in just like Planet Corbyn.
It's not just about Farage himself though. If his backers like Bozo-Gove-Cummings then it'll just be a twat in a blazer moaning. The Kipper media won't support him this time.

By Boiler
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:35 pm
It just seems to be meals and updates, not any actual input into policy?
As long as that's all it is, but even so it still smells of "buy a game of tennis with the Prime Minister".

By Samanfur
The Rose Network - which is a rebrand of the 1000 Club - isn't just about the highest value donors or some sort of secret cabal.

Admittedly, I don't know the differences between perks for each membership level, but the Chair's Circle, which is what's being mentioned here, costs £416pcm or at least £5000pa.

It's not that much of an exclusive. You can download the brochure with that information page on it from the page I linked to.

It's not new. And Momentum actually saw it as an improvement when the 1000 Club was rebranded in 2018, because they reckoned that the 1000 Club had historically focused on wealthy donors.

A quick trawl for sources says that Corbyn was trawling for donors at the same levels, and I can find comparable articles going back to 2002. Whatever your opinion on the network is, the outrage seems to be that it's Keir Starmer's leadership that's involved, rather than any new information.
Last edited by Samanfur on Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oboogie liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
A practice with a long, long history. Usually dinners where some words of wisdom are imparted, a case of casting imitation pearls in front of real swine.

I'd rather it was out in the open, rather than back-door Jenricking.
oboogie, Kreuzberger, Abernathy and 1 others liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
People who've donated to Labour before are certainly worth speaking to, and there's nothing wrong with this group meeting, for free, with Shadow Ministers. So it isn't cash for access. The issues come later, when they meet in private with ministers. That's when deals might be done.

Worth noting that if you're after Mandelsonian donors, you probably don't stick up Angie Rayner.

By davidjay
You need money to win elections. The days of unions bankrolling the party are gone forever. Therefore, funding has to be got from somewhere, and if it annoys the three quidders, then that's a bonus.
Labour, Generally.

I see someone's let Len out again https://twitter[…]

US election 2020

'misallocated' is doing a lot of heavy lifting in […]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

https://twitter.com/JohnOBrennan2/status/131831500[…]

Daily Telegraph

Julie should be clearing up on the populist rentag[…]