Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 57.6 % ❤ 1 % :thumbsup: 11.4 % 😯 2.4 % :grinning: 19.7 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Even with sensible people running things in regions, it would be very tempting for them to seek to undercut restrictions in other areas. If you've got lots of employers saying they're about to go under, it's not that irrational, as someone who wants to be re-elected to think, hey, they can stay open. Heck, if the region next door has locked down, you'll probably get a bunch of them come to your area to spend money in your local businesses. And it's not like, if hospitalizations take off near you, that the NHS in other regions will refuse to take your sick.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
No idea what's going on with this polling dance. Whether Labour or Tories have a bad or good week it doesn't correlate with the 1-3 points they lose or gain in opinion polls. Are five percent of voters venting their disappointment by just pissing about and giving a different answer every time they're polled?

By Tubby Isaacs
Aftermath of Priti Patel? Not all that many Tory MPs and Ministers could be bothered to defend her. Acting the cunt at work probably isn't that popular with swing voters, any more than pissing all over the lockdown and lying about it is popular. Anybody who swallows the "she had to do it because the civil service were thwarting her Brexit genius" is baked in for the Tories.

By davidjay
youngian wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:27 pm
No idea what's going on with this polling dance. Whether Labour or Tories have a bad or good week it doesn't correlate with the 1-3 points they lose or gain in opinion polls. Are five percent of voters venting their disappointment by just pissing about and giving a different answer every time they're polled?
There's been a general trend toward the side of the angels since Lockdown I ended. The only time it changed was when, surprise surprise, Corbyn started playing silly buggers.
oboogie liked this

By Samanfur
We've certainly had it communicated to us that discussion of the validity of the EHRC's verdict and/or its validity is completely off the table at future CLP meetings.

We've got one coming up next month. I doubt that the local branch of Momentum (Mailwatch passim) will be deterred.
The Trump Presidency

The last president who refused to attend the inaug[…]

Labour, Generally.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been reading E[…]

Declining standards

At a guess, I would suggest that it was propagated[…]

Priti Patel

Patel doesn't seem to have commented on the data[…]