Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 57.4 % ❤ 1 % :thumbsup: 11.3 % 😯 2.4 % :grinning: 19.9 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:13 pm
The EU Commission have handed Johnson a big poll boost, Brexiters are crowing "I told you so" on Twitter and Facebook :roll:
I make that around 114-1 in favour of the EU, based on the last 4.5 years.
oboogie liked this

By oboogie
spoonman wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:16 pm
oboogie wrote:
The EU Commission have handed Johnson a big poll boost, Brexiters are crowing "I told you so" on Twitter and Facebook :roll:
Agreed, but the optics on this one are terrible.

It's united SF and the DUP ffs!!

I wonder what the impact on Indy2 might be?

By spoonman
oboogie wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:21 pm
spoonman wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:16 pm
oboogie wrote:
Agreed, but the optics on this one are terrible.

It's united SF and the DUP ffs!!

I wonder what the impact on Indy2 might be?
To be fair, UVL and the Commission made the u-turn (presumably after getting a right bollocking from Michael Martin) realising that the optics looked bad, not to mention that its become clear that AstraZenaca has been overpromising and underdelivering what they could supply in time to customers. After days of politiking both in Brussels and in London, cooler heads look like they are starting to prevail.
oboogie liked this

By oboogie
Yes, but it still happened and the reverse ferret was too late for the papers (I've just watched the review - even the pro-EU papers are having a go about this).

I fear this story is going to hang around for a long time.

I wonder how big Johnson's bouquet to Ursula von der Leyen will be?

By spoonman
oboogie wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:54 pm
Yes, but it still happened and the reverse ferret was too late for the papers (I've just watched the review - even the pro-EU papers are having a go about this).

I fear this story is going to hang around for a long time.

I wonder how big Johnson's bouquet to Ursula von der Leyen will be?
The shitrags will always have a pop even if the reversal had occurred earlier in the day. I don't think there is too much to worry about in the long term, especially when compared to the Johnson government.

By davidjay
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:11 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:33 pm
He's going to be saved by the vaccine, isn't he?
Yes.
As Flashman puts it in his Papers, you don't have to be lucky all the time, just at the end. Johnson is getting lucky because the one thing that will end this shitshow is currently out of his control. The NHS is getting on with it despite all the prevarication, dithering and policy-changing. Ministers can't hand contracts to their mates and waste fortunes on things that are unfit for purpose. The much-maligned pubic sector is riding to his aid, and at the end of it the same useful idiots who voted for blue passports will be able to say that they survived so everything turned out fine and Boris led us bravely to victory.
oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
To be fair, UVL and the Commission made the u-turn (presumably after getting a right bollocking from Michael Martin) realising that the optics looked bad, not to mention that its become clear that AstraZenaca has been overpromising and underdelivering what they could supply in time to customers. After days of politiking both in Brussels and in London, cooler heads look like they are starting to prevail.

Its as if the Commission went on a long weekend and left Gavin Williamson in charge. Like Henimore from Mitchell and Webb.
By mattomac
Thing is, I doubt he will, any delay will have an impact especially if people are still dying and the fall out economically is yet to be felt.

And what happens when we don’t bother to vaccinate half the world and a new aggressive variant shows up that requires vaccinating the whole country again.

COVID-19 doesn’t end when everyone in this country is vaccinated sadly.
The Tories, Generally

Partly I think it's that government don't call the[…]

Poppy Day bingo

Every time I see those faux chalkboard signs I can[…]

Shaun Bailey

Possibility Bailey withdrawn if elections delayed?[…]

Matthew Goodwin

It's the university who are pulling it down. The[…]