Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 57.9 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 11 % 😯 1.4 % :grinning: 20.7 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 3.4 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Miriam O'Reilly's standing for selection in Nuneaton, apparently. Didn't realise she was active with Hope not Hate, or Labour, for that matter.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/c ... -33175648/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I have to say that if it's true that Blair & Brown subtantially approved the plans for Thatch's funeral, I'm not a happy bunny, and my respect for Brown in particular has nosedived somewhat.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:I'm thinking a Shadow Cabinet reshuffle is well overdue.
It has been for a while. The problem is, it would have to involve getting rid of at least one of Twigg and Byrne (the former is more likely to go, I suspect). By doing that, Miliband runs the risk of antagonising the Blairite hardcore. But he's going to have to tackle them head-on at some point.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Interesting findings from the latest YouGov poll.

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cu ... 130416.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

61-26 in favour of renationalising energy and water, and 42-49 against selling council houses to tenants. I'm not expecting the next Labour government to take the utilities back into public ownership, sadly, but this poll does suggest people are sceptical of privatisation and generally supportive of a strong and active public sector. Blairites like opinion polls, don't they? Maybe they should take heed of this one.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
Big front page splash from the Independent tomorrow.

Interesting. I'm a bit surprised that Miliband has made this sort of commitment at this stage assuming we can take the article at face value. Pointless to pledge to match Tory spending levels, though. Don't think it would be achievable even if the Labour leadership wanted to, given what they're likely to inherit if they win in 2015.
By canus insanus
Membership Days
new puritan wrote:Big front page splash from the Independent tomorrow.

Interesting. I'm a bit surprised that Miliband has made this sort of commitment at this stage assuming we can take the article at face value. Pointless to pledge to match Tory spending levels, though. Don't think it would be achievable even if the Labour leadership wanted to, given what they're likely to inherit if they win in 2015.
It could be the fillip to the bite that everyone who earns under £40k is feeling at the moment. Let's face it, the economy needs stimulus, and if the Labour bods get their figures able to stand up to scrutiny, why not? Wilson inherited a dreadful economy, remember.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
My worry is will it work. It's incredibly risky the Tories will hammer home the message that Labour will spend your money and you can't trust and to reveal this just weeks before the local elections is even riskier.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
More Blairite whining in the Murdoch press. Quelle surprise!

How dare trade unionists stand for election as Labour candidates. For what it's worth the process of selecting European candidates is generally a stitch-up - all Labour members get to do is choose the order of the list rather than choose who's on it - however I don't recall Blairites complaining about this in the past when their favoured candidates were getting on.
Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Hope you're not reading Jewish Voice For Labour. […]

The Trump Presidency

Not racist. No siree. https://twitter.com/jonlis[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Chris Mullin's classic has had an update to its fr[…]

Labour, Generally.

16th July, 2019, 2:29 pm LabourList readers back […]