Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 64.8 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 19.8 % 😟 4.4 % :cry: 1.1 % :shit: 2.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Silkyman wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 am
So, from my interactions on twitter this weekend, and reading what the likes of Owen Jones has to say.

People who labour think should fuck off and vote Tory: Absolutely anyone who is even a nanome ter further to the right than Saint Jez or who opposes Brexit.

People they will bend over backwards to accommodate because they really really don’t want to risk them defecting to UKIP: The sort of racists that might actually defect to fucking UKIP rather than contemplate the economic damage that might be wrought on their community by brexit.

It’s a strange Venn Diagram
Yep. They think these social conservative Kippers who've "voted Labour al my life" are really lefties because they support nationalizing train services and free university. Jez got more of their votes than I thought he would because he had a proper go, but I don't see him getting enough. You'd think younger pro Europeans would be a better investment of effort. Not least because they're right about the biggest issue.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:32 am
Silkyman wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:20 am
So, from my interactions on twitter this weekend, and reading what the likes of Owen Jones has to say.

People who labour think should fuck off and vote Tory: Absolutely anyone who is even a nanome ter further to the right than Saint Jez or who opposes Brexit.

People they will bend over backwards to accommodate because they really really don’t want to risk them defecting to UKIP: The sort of racists that might actually defect to fucking UKIP rather than contemplate the economic damage that might be wrought on their community by brexit.

It’s a strange Venn Diagram
Yep. They think these social conservative Kippers who've "voted Labour al my life" are really lefties because they support nationalizing train services and free university. Jez got more of their votes than I thought he would because he had a proper go, but I don't see him getting enough. You'd think younger pro Europeans would be a better investment of effort. Not least because they're right about the biggest issue.
Unfortunately those younger pro europeans arent going to be impressed with his Bennite leave stance.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Labour are just as culpable as the Tories. Had they gone for a Norway + CU option from Day 1 then the Tories would have had no wriggle room and they could present themselves as a legitimate alternative with a plan. Will Hutton is bang on there.
youngian, oboogie liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:05 pm
Labour are just as culpable as the Tories. Had they gone for a Norway + CU option from Day 1 then the Tories would have had no wriggle room and they could present themselves as a legitimate alternative with a plan. Will Hutton is bang on there.

There's plenty of caveats in the present FoM treaties to have sold a compromise on that issue. Instead Corbyn has used it as a 'will of the people' excuse to exit the SM and CU.
bluebellnutter liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Labour aren't in power in Israel either, though that's never stopped Corbyn or Rosen before.

But I don't think Hutton is right there. Owen Smith would potentially have not shut off freedom of movement, and maybe Kendall as well. But Burnham is totally unreliable on this stuff (despite having some ability) and ditto Cooper.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
'Labour will not allow a representative of the People’s Vote campaign to take part in any televised Brexit debate involving Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn, with the party instead pushing for a format that would allow the opposition leader to criticise the prime minister’s domestic policies.'

Its a fucking brexit debate. Fucking moron.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... are_btn_tw

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am
Owen Jones has clearly driven himself slightly mad trying to repeatedly justify positions that have no consistency or logic to them. He wrote a load of stuff about the victims of austerity, yet has to support Brexit because he can't say a bad word about Jeremy and Jeremy wants brexit even though brexit will make austerity look like a fucking picnic. He says people should have a choice but that only choice should be at a GE between 2 parties who both say they'll put brexit through and not a say on whether to accept the deal or remain. He says the Tories are talking nonsense then says how great Jeremy's jobs first brexit will be even though it is the exact same nonsense. He is anti-corruption but the enormously corrupt brexit vote must be respected.

I just imagine he must spend a great deal of time walking in circles in his house, muttering to himself.
No he hasn't Squealer* knows exactly what he's doing.

* A reference to Animal Farm M'lord.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squealer_(Animal_Farm)
Last edited by The Weeping Angel on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
That evening, BBC One is set to show Countryfile, the season finales of Doctor Who and David Attenborough’s Dynasties, plus Strictly Come Dancing and a new drama by Jimmy McGovern. Meanwhile, ITV will be showing the final of I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here.

It is unlikely that a sceptical audience settling down for Sunday night viewing would welcome any of the shows being interrupted or delayed, even for a political debate that could shape the future of Britain.

A wise decision by the public. CBeebies is the best place for the level of Brexit debate between Corbyn and May

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 pm
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am
Owen Jones has clearly driven himself slightly mad trying to repeatedly justify positions that have no consistency or logic to them. He wrote a load of stuff about the victims of austerity, yet has to support Brexit because he can't say a bad word about Jeremy and Jeremy wants brexit even though brexit will make austerity look like a fucking picnic. He says people should have a choice but that only choice should be at a GE between 2 parties who both say they'll put brexit through and not a say on whether to accept the deal or remain. He says the Tories are talking nonsense then says how great Jeremy's jobs first brexit will be even though it is the exact same nonsense. He is anti-corruption but the enormously corrupt brexit vote must be respected.

I just imagine he must spend a great deal of time walking in circles in his house, muttering to himself.
No he hasn't Squealer* knows exactly what he's doing.

* A reference to Animal Farm M'lord.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squealer_(Animal_Farm)
That Wiki link lead me to this singularly unsuitable poster for the 1954 film:

'You'll laugh!'

?
Jeremy Corbyn.

Progress: after Corbyn's speech this morning, it[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

BREXIT BOMBSHELL: Terrified EU to be forced in[…]

The Sun

"It's terrible seeing foreign rich people try[…]

Nigel Farage

Farage can't drive in case his wheel nuts are tamp[…]