Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 58.5 % ❤ 1.4 % :thumbsup: 10.6 % 😯 1.4 % :grinning: 20.4 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 3.5 % :cry: 2.1 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:44 pm
Um, no, that's Kate Osamor. Her mum, Martha, is one of the very few peers Corbyn has created- a genius policy which makes it harder to win votes in the Lords while such trivialities as Brexit and austerity are going on.
That'll teach me to pay attention to BTL Gammon, won't it?
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Boiler
A Guardian piece on Peterborough and what happens next:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ether-seat
“True Peterboroughians are inward-looking,” said Alison Jones, an HR consultant married to a Labour councillor.
I think you'll find it's 'Peterborian'.

And... warm words for Onasanya from Stewart Jackson.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
“It’s absolute rubbish if people think Ukip have a chance here,” said Shaun Rollinson, general manager of the Great Northern Hotel. “Whatever support they’ve got, they’ll lose because of the connection to Tommy Robinson [EDL founder]. Peterborough is such a multicultural city, they’ll never get in here. They have nothing to offer.”

I lived in Peterborough in the mid 90s and it was a great source of pride for locals who'd had a holiday abroad that they'd meet someone would knew Peterborough and POSH despite it sounding like a joke place to the rest of England. Postwar Italian, Portugese and Ukrainian communities settled even before Commonwealth immigration expanded.

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:43 pm
“It’s absolute rubbish if people think Ukip have a chance here,” said Shaun Rollinson, general manager of the Great Northern Hotel. “Whatever support they’ve got, they’ll lose because of the connection to Tommy Robinson [EDL founder]. Peterborough is such a multicultural city, they’ll never get in here. They have nothing to offer.”

I lived in Peterborough in the mid 90s and it was a great source of pride for locals who'd had a holiday abroad that they'd meet someone would knew Peterborough and POSH despite it sounding like a joke place to the rest of England. Postwar Italian, Portugese and Ukrainian communities settled even before Commonwealth immigration expanded.
I'm the son of one of those post-war "deeps", I am proud to say.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
A very important article from Simon Wren-Lewis in The Staggers.
What the precise consequences of Labour enabling Brexit will be are impossible to say, but who knows whether they would be critical when it came to the establishment of a new party or a general election. The more relevant question is why take this significant risk. I have to return to my comparison with austerity. Pre-Corbyn Labour collapsed in part because they toyed with accepting full-on austerity at just the point that austerity was becoming unpopular. Right now, Corbyn Labour are toying with enabling Brexit because they worry about Leave votes that are now moving to Remain. When Brexit will not free the UK from state aid rules, will not heal the nation, and will only lose you votes, it is time for the Labour leadership to put ideology aside and help take the issue back to the people
https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/u ... iqxx6_cmTE
lord_kobel, Samanfur, oboogie and 2 others liked this

By Boiler
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/new ... -1-8754245
She is no longer fit to represent the people of Peterborough. Not simply because she has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice and her integrity has been shattered, but because the errors of judgement she has shown throughout this sorry affair have been colossal. Her judgement can’t be trusted. The city deserves better and the city needs better. She must resign now.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:26 pm
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/new ... -1-8754245
She is no longer fit to represent the people of Peterborough. Not simply because she has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice and her integrity has been shattered, but because the errors of judgement she has shown throughout this sorry affair have been colossal. Her judgement can’t be trusted. The city deserves better and the city needs better. She must resign now.
Can't argue with that.
The Tories, Generally

Imagine living in a world where IDS, Howard and […]

Yes, a quick read of Evelyn Waugh backs that up.[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Christ, Jenkyns is dim.

Boris Johnson

Old Tories loved the church because of its char[…]