Topics about the Labour Party
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
bluebellnutter wrote:This may be part of a wider problem TBH that these days politics just does not attract in the bright talents it used to, through a mixture of money, the increased vitriol politicians receive as a rule and the like. After all, the Tory benches aren't exactly stuffed to the gills with the next generation of Thatchers, Clarkes and the like, it's very noticeable that Sajid Javid is basically the only "new kid in town".
I think this is a very important point, but it doesn't only affect the Tories, I think the lack of talent runs through all parties.
Jon Cruddas talking sense

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ukpolitics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The nature of the Labour membership was at odds with the nature of the society it wants to govern, said Cruddas. “At some stage we’re going to have to pivot out of this leadership election and confront the realities of the country, which could be quite a salutary experience for us.”
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
They are both enemies. You can have more than one enemy.

Blairites are simply screaming, bitter and twisted that it's all over and that the object of power is no longer power. They want to leave in a sulk? Great. Not a fuck is given.

For once, there is an energy in politics, an excitement which would of course damage the business-as-usual crowd.
This has got to be the shittest 'sting' of all time.
Andy Burnham’s team said they would refer the Sun newspaper to the regulator Ipso after an undercover reporter from the tabloid posing as a potential donor recorded him saying Jeremy Corbyn would be a disaster for the Labour party.

It has been expected that Burnham will take a senior job in the shadow cabinet if Corbyn is elected Labour party leader this weekend but was caught on tape saying of Corbyn: “Privately, it is a disaster for the Labour party. I mean, publicly, he is a nice man, a nice individual. He believes in the things he campaigns on so he’s not a fraud in any way. But I think the public will think Labour has given up on ever being a government again.”
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... rbyn-sting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is there anything there Burnham wouldn't have said publicly? And if he wouldn't say it publicly, that's pretty embarrassing. It's an anodyne assessment.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Just as well they've stung Burnham just in time for Corbyn to probably win the leadership contest and tell them to fuck off.
I dont really know where to start on the whole topic of the future and Labour generally. . We just live in such depressing times. We are given the illusion of choice, every five years but we can no longer influence the way the country is going.

There are three groups who control us, the capitalist business class, who control politicians and have them in their pockets, they then run the country on behalf of these unaccountable billionaire psychopaths, and use the third group, their ministry of information, the media, who render the masses so lobotomised that they are more interested in Kerry fucking Katona than NHS privatisation and bombard them with propaganda so they think there is no alternative than this right wing neo liberal shit.

The concept of public service and public ownership is seen as wrong because the billionaire psychopaths do not benefit from it, slowly we are turning into a right wing one party state, which is what Thatchcunt intended. Make it like American politics, Tories/Republicans - extreme right, New Labour/Democrats - a bit less cunty maybe but not radically different, Tea Party/UKIP - barking mad nut jobs.

Blair took the Labour party so far to the right that it wasn't Labour any more, collaborating with the enemy in my book, and I do want Jeremy Corbyn to succeed, but I fear that he wont get anywhere, I mean the propaganda machine savaged Ed Milliband just because he looked like a gimp trying to eat a bacon butty ffs, what are they going to do with Jeremy?

I think the best he can hope for is to take the political agenda a bit back towards the centre, the further right Labour go is just legitimising the far right agenda being pursued by the tories

These venal tory bastards will just destroy every last shred of public services and workers rights, they will end up destroying society unless they are stopped and I don't know where to go. The future is as grim as fuck.
Dan wrote:They are both enemies. You can have more than one enemy.

Blairites are simply screaming, bitter and twisted that it's all over and that the object of power is no longer power. They want to leave in a sulk? Great. Not a fuck is given.

For once, there is an energy in politics, an excitement which would of course damage the business-as-usual crowd.
Attitudes like this are those which I, for one, simply do not understand. What's the point of energy without the power to actually do something?
Murdoch title in economical with truth shocker!

Friday, 11 September 2015
Sun Burnham Sting Unravels
http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... avels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bluebellnutter wrote:

Attitudes like this are those which I, for one, simply do not understand. What's the point of energy without the power to actually do something?
Neither can I but then a lot of Corbynites aren't interested in winning power
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
You win "power" (that word Blairites seem to be in a tizzy about mainly due to the perks it brings) on principle, not on pathetically naval-gazing and attempting to appear ever-so-humble ("we're sorry about the crash, immigration, that you can't find your car keys this morning") to offend no-one and appeal to everyone. You drag the electorate with you, not the other way around.

Outside of their silly little PR meetings, the three have no idea just how unpopular the Labour Party are and Corbyn has energised it beyond belief and is the only one who stands even a moderate chance of winning.

UKIP, the Greens, the Tories, the SNP...all these parties benefited by actually believing in something and sticking to it. Labour (because Miliband, although a decent guy, was too nervous to go far enough) and the Lib Dems did not.

Added to this, they all talk of energising people who didn't vote or who were disillusioned with the system to get "engaged" with politics and now it's happened, all they have done is demean, patronise and bad-mouth them showing that like everything a Blairite says, it is nothing but lip-service designed to increase their own power.

A Blairite is even to a Tory for me but actually I prefer the Tories because at least they are honest about wanting an ultra capitalist society ruled by psychopath billionaires to kick the poor and needy.
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
bluebellnutter wrote:

Neither can I but then a lot of Corbynites aren't interested in winning power
Of course you need to win power, but the question is on what terms. Winning office and winning power aren't necessarily the same thing. If Labour can use its time out of office productively to rebuild the movement, create a strong parliamentary and extra-parliamentary opposition, and then go into government with a clear plan for restructuring the economy, the state and society, it'd be well worth the wait. It would also be historically unprecedented, obviously... Plus, an active mass grassroots opposition organised into stronger trade unions and campaigns over cuts to public services etc could potentially make it very difficult for a Tory government with a slender majority to force through its agenda.

But any attempted rehash of Blairism would just accelerate the break-up of what remains of the party's base. I'm bored of banging on about Scotland myself but the alarm bells should be going off by now. That sort of strategy wouldn't even work on its own terms, because further fragmentation would make it even harder for Labour to win elections.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

"Prime Minister, I have President Trump on th[…]

...Married brothers having separate households i[…]

It was/is working across my Apple devices but perh[…]

What's left? Revoke article 50. Let's think […]