•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:He's an irrelevancy best to ignore him.
You keep saying this. It seems obvious he's not irrelevant, or he wouldn't keep getting hired to write shit in the papers.

That doesn't mean I think he should be PURGED. Just that he's recognised as a proper gobshite and, perhaps, a danger to the party of which you are a member.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
He gets hired to write for newspapers because he tells them what they want to hear his wider influence within the Labour party however is negligible. He's a Goldstein for the Corbynites.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:He gets hired to write for newspapers because he tells them what they want to hear his wider influence within the Labour party however is negligible. He's a Goldstein for the Corbynites.
"Wider influence within the Labour party". Fine. That means best part of jack shit to me.

What about "wider influence within people who may vote for the Labour party"? Because that's the group you actually should be thinking about. And clowns like this, scribbling shit for papers that sell millions, reaches further then you'd prefer.

Brush him aside as "irrelevant" at your peril.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
So what should we do with him then? Deselect him? I'll doubt he'll go quietly, Discipline him? he'll just play the martyr, Force him to resign the whip? he'll still carry on. There's not a lot you can do.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Look at Neil Hamilton. There is no downfall any more, unless you're a kid fid. You just reinvent yourself as 'controversial former MP' and wait for the call from the HIGNFY researcher or panto casting agent.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:So what should we do with him then? Deselect him? I'll doubt he'll go quietly, Discipline him? he'll just play the martyr, Force him to resign the whip? he'll still carry on. There's not a lot you can do.
I fail to see how deselection is deemed a form of Martyrdom on these neoliberal times.
Out in the real world, jobs are becoming increasingly precarious.
Let this man of independent thought run as an independent.

By Philip Marlow
Membership Days
Andy McDandy wrote:Look at Neil Hamilton. There is no downfall any more, unless you're a kid fid. You just reinvent yourself as 'controversial former MP' and wait for the call from the HIGNFY researcher or panto casting agent.
As a mercy to you, I'm not going to link to that World Cup song.

As an ex of Aberystwyth University, I got to hear many a tale of his adventures in unpleasant political crankery. I've always thought (hoped, I suppose would be more accurate) that his failure to reinvent himself as a cuddly jumper-wearing maiden aunt eccentric Tory, in the Gyles Brandreth mode, can be put down to the radioactive prickishness at his very core.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:So what should we do with him then? Deselect him? I'll doubt he'll go quietly, Discipline him? he'll just play the martyr, Force him to resign the whip? he'll still carry on. There's not a lot you can do.
I fail to see how deselection is deemed a form of Martyrdom on these neoliberal times.
Out in the real world, jobs are becoming increasingly precarious.
Let this man of independent thought run as an independent.
Ok Bones rule 1. Don't use the word neo-liberal with me. Second he would say I've been forced out by these awful lefties look at me, look at me.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:Ok Bones rule 1. Don't use the word neo-liberal with me. Second he would say I've been forced out by these awful lefties look at me, look at me.
The problem is, he's doing that anyways. People more clever than us need to work out a way to sort out the little prick. You may be happy to let him continue his self-PR rampage, but it's doing nothing for the Labour party bar making them looking inept and weak.

And it's all well and good saying "don't use the neo-Liberal with me", but in any other job in life, Danczuk would have sacked by now. You slag off the company, you're hauled up before a board. Labour have been far too soft with this guy for far too long.

By bluebellnutter
Danczuk wants nothing more than to be purged so he can play the martyr and up his fee among the rabid right press. People would be better off ignoring him, or telling him that if he doesn't like it he should fuck off. The ball is then in his court to decide whether he wants to stay or go, and keep using the line when he inevitably doesn't (too much of a chance he'll end up losing out for him to risk it) just point out that he had the chance to leave but didn't.

Enforcing his departure is the very worst thing that Labour can do with him right now.

By Malcolm Armsteen
D.C. Harrison wrote: in any other job in life, Danczuk would have sacked by now. You slag off the company, you're hauled up before a board. Labour have been far too soft with this guy for far too long.
Except that the Labour Party isn't a company, and it isn't Danczuk's employer. He is answerable, in the first resort, to his local electorate. If they agree with him they will select and elect him. If they don't, they won't. That's how it works.

And he hasn't really done anything that his CLP can discipline him for, as generally being an arse isn't against the rules. What they can do is decline to endorse him as a candidate some time in 2018.
Which the will, if they have any sense.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
D.C. Harrison wrote: in any other job in life, Danczuk would have sacked by now. You slag off the company, you're hauled up before a board. Labour have been far too soft with this guy for far too long.
Except that the Labour Party isn't a company, and it isn't Danczuk's employer. He is answerable, in the first resort, to his local electorate. If they agree with him they will select and elect him. If they don't, they won't. That's how it works.

And he hasn't really done anything that his CLP can discipline him for, as generally being an arse isn't against the rules. What they can do is decline to endorse him as a candidate some time in 2018.
Which the will, if they have any sense.
If you were to kick people out for generally being a arse that would be a fair amount of people. Including some in my own CLP.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:If you were to kick people out for generally being a arse that would be a fair amount of people. Including some in my own CLP.
I'm gathering the people in your CLP aren't writing articles for tabloids.
Euro Elections 2019

Anti-Brexit parties - those in favour of another[…]

Labour, Generally.

It’s OK everyone, apparently it’s Tom […]

Theresa May

That's all those wanting to be the next PM can see[…]

Claire Fox

She's top of the list, sadly. Nigel Farage an[…]