Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 68.8 % :thumbsup: 3.9 % 😯 0.5 % :grinning: 17.1 % 🧥 2 % 🙏 1.5 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 1.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Incidentally, whilst we're on the subject, the Political Betting blog recently ran an article (linked below) discussing the possibility of Dawn Butler being the first post-Corbyn leader. Does anybody on here know much about her? Like Rebecca Long-Bailey, she hasn't really crossed my radar enough times for me to have formed any sort of impression about her so far.
Labour’s Next Leader: Dawn Butler at 100/1?
We need to learn the lessons of Corbyn’s wins
February 2nd, 2019
http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index. ... -at-100-1/

By Abernathy
Arrowhead wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:08 pm
Incidentally, whilst we're on the subject, the Political Betting blog recently ran an article (linked below) discussing the possibility of Dawn Butler being the first post-Corbyn leader. Does anybody on here know much about her? Like Rebecca Long-Bailey, she hasn't really crossed my radar enough times for me to have formed any sort of impression about her so far.
Labour’s Next Leader: Dawn Butler at 100/1?
We need to learn the lessons of Corbyn’s wins
February 2nd, 2019
http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index. ... -at-100-1/
God help us all. As thick as badger shite.

oboogie liked this

By bluebellnutter
visage wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm
mattomac wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm
If he enables Brexit as he is then he might actually be gone in a leadership election. His cult are in my view becoming less and less. There are people who used to bang on about him now suggesting they would vote for someone like Keir instead if there was a leadership election.
Its interesting that as the 'soft Corbynistas' peel away/become less vocal, the hardcore are seeming ever more shrill and extreme.
Must...resist...comparing...to...other...current...political...issues...

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
An oldie but goodie in which the newly elected Maduro receives Jeremy from London's congratulations and then gasbags on about the evils the European Central Bank inflicts on the poor. If only Frankfurt had a man like Maduro in charge of monetary policy

Last edited by youngian on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
That picture of Jez with "not a single job lost" in the NE. Jeez. It's like the 6 tests- fine, but the point is what you do when everyone knows they're being failed?

I think a certain amount of space for the government to own their shit was necessary. Maybe even the vote for Article 50, though I reckon they could have easily enough voted against the unamended bill, as they originally planned. I mean, how many Leavers want Rees Mogg cuts in standards?

Alongside the 6 tests could have been a "we'll do whatever it takes to meet them" theme. Not backing Remain, but being open to when the bollocks fell apart. I think that would have gone a long way.

By Zuriblue
visage wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm
mattomac wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:42 pm
If he enables Brexit as he is then he might actually be gone in a leadership election. His cult are in my view becoming less and less. There are people who used to bang on about him now suggesting they would vote for someone like Keir instead if there was a leadership election.
Its interesting that as the 'soft Corbynistas' peel away/become less vocal, the hardcore are seeming ever more shrill and extreme.
Very similar to Brexiters in that way.
Change UK (formerly the Independent Group)

Here you go, dear. Don't want a dirty protest in […]

UKIP

Ukip MEP candidate blamed feminists for rise in […]

Boris Johnson

I edited the headline to show his full name, but t[…]

Jacob Rees-Mogg

Matthew 6:5 applies.